Sign in to follow this  
louisluo

Problem with pmdg777 weather radar

Hope this helps,

i think my setting is familiar with it. 

Full names. Every post. Forum rule.

Posts without full names will be deleted.

Kyle Rodgers

I am trying ASN in these days.

Does the WX radar work also on ground or is it necessary to be in the sky ? If yes which is the minimum altitude in order to let the WX radar to work  ?

Thanks

Does the WX radar work also on ground or is it necessary to be in the sky ? If yes which is the minimum altitude in order to let the WX radar to work  ?

Thanks

if the weather radar works it can use any where

Thanks

Works on ground. You might need to tilt it upwards in order to catch anything though.

If the test function doesn't work, then there is a problem with the display of the system.  Have you turned on the WX radar from the EFIS panel and double checked that the brightness is set to max?

1251452 - Matthew Tan

no the brightness problem.

if the weather radar works it can use any where

I told you earlier that you are required to place your name in every post here.

This is the final warning. After that, posts get deleted.

Kyle Rodgers

Full name as the kind gentleman said above.

WX radar can work on the ground, but it is rare that a pilot uses it there.  The only thing they really use it for (on the ground, that is) is on takeoff, where the windshear warning is in effect so they can abort the takeoff if needed.  However, the radar technically can still work on the ground, you just need to make the radar tilt able to see the precip above you. Once airborne, you can use the weather radar at any altitude, so long as the tilt is appropriate for the level and phase of flight.  For example, if climbing through 5000, the radar should be set to a little over zero so you can see the weather above you, slightly below you during cruise, and slightly below you on descent.

Hope this helps,

1251452- Matthew Tan

Jason, do you have the most current version of FSUIPC?

1251452 - Matthew Tan

JASON LU

Matthew Tan

Thanks guys!

WX radar can work on the ground, but it is rare that a pilot uses it there.  The only thing they really use it for (on the ground, that is) is on takeoff, where the windshear warning is in effect so they can abort the takeoff if needed.  However, the radar technically can still work on the ground, you just need to make the radar tilt able to see the precip above you. Once airborne, you can use the weather radar at any altitude, so long as the tilt is appropriate for the level and phase of flight.  For example, if climbing through 5000, the radar should be set to a little over zero so you can see the weather above you, slightly below you during cruise, and slightly below you on descent.

This is all managed by the AUTO mode, by the way. As far as radar operation times go, it depends on SOP. I usually turn mine on and off when exiting and entering the ramp area.

Kyle Rodgers

Right, its just sometimes the auto doesn't capture weather because it is too low or high.

Matthew Tan

I usually turn mine on and off when exiting and entering the ramp area.

I'd never get that right, there's so many different ramp configurations.... mine goes on with strobes and off with strobes.  I gotta use KISS principle or I'm doomed.

Dan Downs KCRP

i am sorry i forget

BY JASON LU

Jason add your name to your signature block than you don't need to remember to add it every post :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg