Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

P3D 2.5 and Orbx sceneries

Hi,

I am patiently waiting with upgrading from v2.4 until all my addons are compatible with v2.5.

How is v2.5 working with Orbx sceneries? I have read that FTX central crashes, but from some posts here it seems that it is possible to have some work arounds to install it.

How much work is required to do so? And if you do all this, is it possible to have everything working as it was on 2.4?

I am interested mostly in: FTX Global, Vector, Open LC Europe, Norway, New Zealand.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I'm using FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC with succes. FTX Central wont work when it cant find the terrain.cfg, which is moved from the P3D root folder to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3D v2\

Just copy the the terrain.cfg to the root folder, then install the software and run FTX Central and Vector configurator and copy the terrain.cfg back to where you found it.

Everything that needs an objectflow.dll doesnt work properly at the moment, so there you have to wait. Maybe it's enough to disable the objectflow, that's how i did it for FSX:SE, but I havent tried this for P3D2.5 yet.

Cheers!

Maarten

I have created a symlink so FTX central recognizes the terrain.cfg, no problems with Global, Vector and LC Europe.

Because I don't have any sceneries from FTX there's no need for objectflow stuff.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Thanks guys,

So the good news is that it doesn't require lots of work.

I think I will try to upgrade tonight.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1