Sign in to follow this  

Vertical Stabilizer Config Warning?

I have read the last topic in regards to this and need to confirm whether this is a bug or not so I can submit a ticket. First time this warning has appeared - I normally set the CG in the FMC and set the trim level on each and every flight depending on load level, and the trim value also changes depending on the load. Only thing I did differently was change the Cost Index from 85 to 120. Set trim - taxiied out as usual then as I was about to takeoff "Stabilizer Config" warning. - I then stopped - checked the trim it was at 0 ??? I set it again to 5.25 for that flight, proceeded to takeoff and the alarm sounded again..

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

checked the trim it was at 0 ???

Do you have a hardware trim axis (trim wheel on your hardware)? If you do, and it is at zero, it may occasionally override whatever setting is in the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Do you have a hardware trim axis (trim wheel on your hardware)? If you do, and it is at zero, it may occasionally override whatever setting is in the sim.

Nope I use joystick buttons to trim up or down.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Nope I use joystick buttons to trim up or down.

That's good, but still, can you go into your settings and confirm that you do not have an axis assigned to trim. That or check to ensure there's no button conflicting with the FSX default reset trim command.

Either way, this sounds more like a configuration issue on your machine than a legitimate bug. That doesn't mean you shouldn't submit a ticket, but I wouldn't assert that it's a bug.

Kyle Rodgers

That's good, but still, can you go into your settings and confirm that you do not have an axis assigned to trim. That or check to ensure there's no button conflicting with the FSX default reset trim command.

Either way, this sounds more like a configuration issue on your machine than a legitimate bug. That doesn't mean you shouldn't submit a ticket, but I wouldn't assert that it's a bug.

WIll do that tonight, I doubt I have ever set an Axis for trim, but will check nonetheless. Thanks for the help..

spacer.png

There is a bulletin in front of FCOMv1 regarding false alarms in certain cases. You might try to find that article (easy using Ctrl+F) and rule out this case.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is a bulletin in front of FCOMv1 regarding false alarms in certain cases. You might try to find that article (easy using Ctrl+F) and rule out this case.

Wasn't a false warning I took off,thinking it was a false warning, and the 777 wouldn't climb at all. Elevator trim set to 0...

spacer.png

Ah yes, that would wake one up. Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.  In that case, what Kyle said.

Dan Downs KCRP