Sign in to follow this  
colfmedion

Terrible Night Time Textures

Hi,

Current Rig is: Samsung 4K 29" Monitor, Zotac GTX980 Video Card, Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50Hz, 16.00GB RAM, MS Windows 8.1, FSX with Acceleration Pack, Current Resolution is 25630 x 1440 59Hz.

Recently installed the GTX980 and initially everything was fine. After a few days I noticed that night textures and gone downhill; terrain was beginning to look a bit like blotting paper soaking up and generating patches of mainly purple and green. Clouds had a purple tinge to them. Daytime appears fine. I connected monitor to card using  Display Port but am now using HDMI but it doesn't make any difference. I have tried every setting I can think of on the monitor and card including default to no avail. I even tried a virgin installation of FSX but still got the same problem. I recently did a flight over Manhattan X and noticed that the shadows or dark areas in between some skyscrapers appeared darker than usual and with a purple tinge - this was a daytime flight. In all other respects the detail was incredible with FPS around 30.

I would appreciate any help/advise.

Many Tks

Colf

Hi,

Current Rig is: Samsung 4K 29" Monitor, Zotac GTX980 Video Card, Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50Hz, 16.00GB RAM, MS Windows 8.1, FSX with Acceleration Pack, Current Resolution is 25630 x 1440 59Hz.

Recently installed the GTX980 and initially everything was fine. After a few days I noticed that night textures and gone downhill; terrain was beginning to look a bit like blotting paper soaking up and generating patches of mainly purple and green. Clouds had a purple tinge to them. Daytime appears fine. I connected monitor to card using  Display Port but am now using HDMI but it doesn't make any difference. I have tried every setting I can think of on the monitor and card including default to no avail. I even tried a virgin installation of FSX but still got the same problem. I recently did a flight over Manhattan X and noticed that the shadows or dark areas in between some skyscrapers appeared darker than usual and with a purple tinge - this was a daytime flight. In all other respects the detail was incredible with FPS around 30.

I would appreciate any help/advise.

Many Tks

Colf

Hi Colf.

What's it look like at 4K resolution?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb,

It looks the same not matter what resolution. I have tried different cards, monitors, completely new reinstall, every setting I can think of but the result remains the same. Photos and films are fine so it must be something within FSX I would think.

Colf

Hi gb,

It looks the same not matter what resolution. I have tried different cards, monitors, completely new reinstall, every setting I can think of but the result remains the same. Photos and films are fine so it must be something within FSX I would think.

Colf

Hmmm... doesn't leave much to play with.

Definitely using 32 bit color in FSX?

gb.

Hi gb,

Colf

What model Samsung is it?

Google is not showing any Samsung 29" 4K monitors.

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi gb,

Sorry, my error. Actual Samsung model is u28d590d monitor.

Current resolution in FSX is 2560x1440x32 - there are no 16s available.

Checking again today and noticed that when landing lights on in my aircraft and other taxying aircraft the runway "colour" appeared to be normal. Whether or not that is relevant I have no idea.

The only common denominator in all my testing was the PC and FSX.

Colf

Colf,

I seem to have similar problems, but no solution. So not much help to you except being a fellow sufferer.

For me the effect is on the ground looking at taxiways and runways in night. As you say they have purple or green tinge to them.

Clouds also look strange and have a purple shading to them and seem to be only about 5 levels of grey which gives the effect of passing through curtains than a gradual variation!

I hope someone here recognises the symtpoms and can suggest a cause.

I have just uninstalled everything and installed FSX SE, hoping I get a change in many things including this.

Good luck

Nigel