Sign in to follow this  
KIS1000

Change location on screen where nav instrument cIickspot pops up.

When using the nav instrument clickspot (view of route and waypoints) on the main panel the popup appears in the middle of the screen hiding the outside view which is now behind the popup.  It would be much better (my opinion) if that popup appeared on the screen in an outside quadrant.  Does anyone know what changes can be made to the panel.cfg to modify where this popup appears?

Ken Strout

When using the nav instrument clickspot (view of route and waypoints) on the main panel the popup appears in the middle of the screen hiding the outside view which is now behind the popup.  It would be much better (my opinion) if that popup appeared on the screen in an outside quadrant.  Does anyone know what changes can be make to the panel.cfg to modify where this popup appears?

Ken Strout

When using the nav instrument clickspot (view of route and waypoints) on the main panel the popup appears in the middle of the screen hiding the outside view which is now behind the popup.  It would be much better (my opinion) if that popup appeared on the screen in an outside quadrant.  Does anyone know what changes can be make to the panel.cfg to modify where this popup appears?

Ken Strout

Ken Strout

Please do not post multiple times.

Ken, NDis what we call the nav instrument thingy.... the 2D popups all can be dragged or resized just like any window.  The trick is putting the cursor right at the edge, it's hard to see because the border is black but it's there.  Once you've clicked on the border, giving focus to the 2D popup, you can then drag it to any place you want.

I routinely put the PFD and ND popups lower and centered for use on departure and final.  Nice thing is once that new location is selected, each time thereafter that you pop-up the 2D it will appear in the location that you had moved it to, even if the flight was saved and loaded (hint).

Dan Downs KCRP

When using the nav instrument clickspot (view of route and waypoints) on the main panel the popup appears in the middle of the screen hiding the outside view which is now behind the popup.  It would be much better (my opinion) if that popup appeared on the screen in an outside quadrant.  Does anyone know what changes can be make to the panel.cfg to modify where this popup appears?

Ken Strout

When using the nav instrument clickspot (view of route and waypoints) on the main panel the popup appears in the middle of the screen hiding the outside view which is now behind the popup. It would be much better (my opinion) if that popup appeared on the screen in an outside quadrant. Does anyone know what changes can be make to the panel.cfg to modify where this popup appears?

Hi, Ken,

Dan Downs and I already responded to your earlier thread on this topic.  I provided a link where there is a discussion of how to modify the panel.cfg file to change the location of popups.  Sizing is also discussed there. Please take a look at your earlier thread.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

This is a real peeve of mine. I never noticed you could move them. For the life of me I did not understand why these did not appear at the bottom. it is nice that this is one of the best grumbles I can come up with though regarding this plane though.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

For the life of me I don't understand why these do not appear at the bottom.

If you're looking out of the window properly, they should be down at the bottom anyway. Am I missing something here?

2014-10-24_18-15-52-630.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

If you're looking out of the window properly, they should be down at the bottom anyway. Am I missing something here?

No Kyle you are not missing anything mate. And indeed when I am flying that is where they stay with a zoom of 1.00 and track ir but when I am planning and stepping in the FMC I use the pop up feature so I can see more clearly the ND. These pop up screens would always appear in the centre of the damn screen and cover the range knobs and I never thought to try and move them. 

I suppose although I found it irritating it was not irritating enough for me to think about doing anything about it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

but when I am planning and stepping in the FMC I use the pop up feature so I can see more clearly the ND. These pop up screens would always appear in the centre of the damn screen and cover the range knobs

Fair enough. I usually just pan down. The pop up remains in the same spot, but the VC changes in the background. That would allow you to get the knobs above the pop ups.

Out of curiosity, why do you need laser precision for planning and steps? You're never going to hit it bang on, and it's all based on planned weights anyway, which are going to vary slightly from your actual weight. The S/C cue is only to advise you that it'll happen at about that point. Climbing slightly before or after isn't going to adversely affect anything. By the time ATC gets back to you, you may be well past the point.

Kyle Rodgers

Fair enough. I usually just pan down. The pop up remains in the same spot, but the VC changes in the background. That would allow you to get the knobs above the pop ups.

That is what I was doing but as I use trackir  unless I pause trackir then when fiddling my head drifts. It was just a a minor annoyance really and now I know I can move them I will just do that.

Out of curiosity, why do you need laser precision for planning and steps? You're never going to hit it bang on, and it's all based on planned weights anyway, which are going to vary slightly from your actual weight. The S/C cue is only to advise you that it'll happen at about that point. Climbing slightly before or after isn't going to adversely affect anything. By the time ATC gets back to you, you may be well past the point.

That is not the stepping I was referring to. I should have been a little clearer. I mean when I step through my plan to check waypoints on an SID or STAR and such things. Some approaches have waypoints very close together and I like to check them. An example is the flight I am doing now. I am about to descend into Dakar in Senegal. RWY32 SLO2A arrival. Lots of waypoints as you track around the YF VOR.

That is not the stepping I was referring to. I should have been a little clearer. I mean when I step through my plan to check waypoints on an SID or STAR and such things. Some approaches have waypoints very close together and I like to check them. An example is the flight I am doing now. I am about to descend into Dakar in Senegal. RWY32 SLO2A arrival. Lots of waypoints as you track around the YF VOR.

Got it. Makes sense!

Kyle Rodgers