Sign in to follow this  
flightjay

GTN PC Trainer 2.00.3 for Flight1 GTN 750

You'll need the addon packs for those products to get GTN integration

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yep, just found that out, really kind of ###### me off.. People say these are great add ons because 50 bucks and you can use it in all your planes.. then I go to Milviz site and they want 10 bucks for each plane.. can really add up.. I'm thoroughly bummed out right now... Making me really hate this hobby that I've already sunk way too much money into... I need to get back into strategy games on Steam.. DCS.. stuff that has sales and doesn't rape your wallet every time you turn around.. I wish I knew this before making the purchase.  :angry:

Well you can use it in any plane as a popup - no ones lying there.

There is a development time to make the mods

Plus the GTN gauges are very new still... It took rxp a long time to get native integrations. More Devs will catch on hopefully

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What is the reason for the config tool? At first I thought that set up it's placement in VC?...

I'm just bummed, cause I was watching a youtube video of it in the 310, and I heard the b55 it would work too.. 

It's just depressing when you spend this kind of money for something that you think will be worth it because it would work in all your planes, to find out you have to pay a surcharge on each plane..

Since my kid has started college, I buy myself less toys, it's been awhile, but this one looked like a good investment, looked awsesome in the videos..

I guess I'll just have to save up for the Duke Turbine and A2A 182. it will be awhile..

lol. or I should just try and quit this hobby and find other less expensive Genre's!

What is the reason for the config tool? At first I thought that set up it's placement in VC?...

Since my kid has started college, I buy myself less toys, it's been awhile, but this one looked like a good investment, looked awsesome in the videos..

!

The config tool just controls the gauge properties etc

I hear ya about money - I had to start budgeting for FS addons ($50 / month for fun money)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

So the config tool says what buttons are available on the unit?

If you don't do the config tool is the 2d popup not available? Or do you need to run the tool for each plane?

lol.. I'm kind of bummed, since my older boy went to college, I moved up out of the cellar into the playroom with my 15 year old (he already had a desk in there),

So down cellar I was spread out on a table with two monitors (could throw the 2d popup into the 2nd monitor).. right now I'm in my older son's armoire type desk with one monitor :-(. I maybe have to move back in the cellar, even though I do enjoy being in the regular part of the house.. especially with flying, easier to walk around and do stuff during long flights.

Yep, just found that out, really kind of ###### me off.. People say these are great add ons because 50 bucks and you can use it in all your planes.. then I go to Milviz site and they want 10 bucks for each plane.. can really add up..

For all three of the Milviz products, you have the "option" to purchase the additional 3d models for the GTN gauges. These have been pre-configured so there's no drama involved in getting the GTN gauges working.

However, that is not necessary to use the GTN gauges in any of the three. There are in the case of the C310R and B55/E55 in particular, a special panel named "Free Radio". This panel has blanks where you can place ANY gauges in the radio stack you wish. In the Bell 407, the special panel is named Panel.fr and is configurable via the ACM.

Further, after registering to have access to the Milviz product support forums, the nice folks at Milviz will assist you in setting things up.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thankyou, I got the 310R panel config from Flight1 Forum, now just have to find one for the Baron!