Sign in to follow this  

Update on LM's web site being down.

Lockheed Martin requested I pass this information along:

Prepar3D.com is experiencing issues due to a snowstorm in the U.S. Northeast and a huge traffic increase related to v2.5.

We assure you this is an extremely rare occurrence and we are adding addition capacity to ensure this never happens again

The issues will likely last another 24 hours and after that we should be back up and running at full capacity.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be back shortly!

Cheers, Rob.

At the moment I'm flying into the snowstorm (KJFK)... Oh lord this will be a bumpy ride...

But thank you Rob. :) Nice to know, what happend.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Just got this ...

WordPress Login Temporarily Disabled

We apologize for the inconvenience! You are seeing this message because your site has recently been targeted by attackers attempting to gain access to your WordPress Dashboard. In order to protect your site your WordPress Login page has been temporarily disabled.

Unfortunately, you will be unable to login to the Dashboard until the block expires.

???

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I tried to log on .. got xfer to a WordPress page to fill in  .. look like the wanted a new pw.

I put in new data .. that was accepted .. then I was informed I was already a member ... if so, why did I end up there?

No real explanation on the page as to what or why I was there or what was required.

Later I seen the site looked ok prior to a login .. but that had error ... so then using my original PW  .. site has the temp lockout in effect ..

All a bit of a mess ..............

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Crazy happens when you try to use cheezy blogging software for a forum. :smile:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All that snow is slowing down the bits causing a global disruption of service.

Dan Downs KCRP

Glad to know that it isn't a cyber attack by North Korean hackers :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Glad to know that it isn't a cyber attack by North Korean hackers :smile:

What the hell did i just read?! :lol:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Crazy happens when you try to use cheezy blogging software for a forum. :smile:

Yeah...where did they dig that mess up. It's a terrible framework populated by great folks.

Beats me... I've noticed that tech support requests by commercial developers has all but disappeared since they changed the format. Perhaps that was their goal.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Beats me... I've noticed that tech support requests by commercial developers has all but disappeared since they changed the format. Perhaps that was their goal.

I'm not commercial. I wouldn't know. I do notice though that the Lockheed Martin team seem to surface less frequently than they used to. I don't mind so much given they have Saul and Robin to answer questions on their forum. Good thing, as it allows the LM folks to concentrate on development of the product.

I've seen a lot of software get trashed because of diminished developer participation...either directly or through moderators. Nature will not tolerate a vacuum. Customers invariably make assumptions...usually wrong, which eventually are taken as fact.