Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I now finally and fully know...where the future of Flight Simulation lays!

I downloaded from the ORG today, the following from Mr. X6.

KSAN

KSFO

PAJN

I could only take a brief flight around KSAN and PAJN, but it was enough to know where the furture of flight simulation potential is...and for myself, it is XPlane.  To see these three selections in DSR 2.0/33 at 25-29 FPS....was truly 'breath-taking' for realism, and to fool the mind, that the scene is real. OMG!   Everybody will have their opinion...of course...but for me, after viewing these scenery files from this (OMG!) so talented artist....well...

I place my vote with Xplane (at 64 bit)...and will be spending a LOT of time flying over, and exploring fully, these sceneries, WITHOUT holding my breath...that a software developer like ORBX might step into the franchise fray.  After viewing these sceneries...and seeing what potential there is,....I frankly, no longer care.   

To Mr. X6's....incredible work....and with  Andra's mesh plumping up the terrain and mountains....OMG!....I have my cake...and am stuffing myself with it....almost to the bursting point  :Big Grin:  

Enjoy:

BTW, these pictures are not even close to the actual screen output...too many 'reduce' hurdles and size restrictions for upload acceptance, to let you really see what I have in front of me...and THAT...is a crime...

Here is the link for PAJN, but search for the other two airport/scenery files from this talented man, also...and GO GET EM! You will see what I am going nuts over..... for XPLANE XPX.35b RULES!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=25190 and use 'view other files from this member' just under his handle to get to the other two fabulous files from him...  Wait until you see the detail of the airport properties...of which my flight pics don't highlight....just wait...KSAN will blow your virtual mind!

Looking forward to Mr.X6's KLAX and KPHX!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Are those coming?  I'd really love PHX done to his standards.  Also worth checking out is PAWD, which I think is done by a different author but the same level of quality.

Joseph Catino

I cant wait until the addons catch up with this sim.  All we need is for the scenery to become as accurate as p3d/fsx, a few pmdg quality airliners, and ASN weather.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

It has a flavor all it's own!

There are two best airports for me

CYYZ Toronto

PAJN Juneau

and then we have PAWD.

How does Fsx / P3d have accurate scenery ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

@Sesquashtoo:

At about the same time you were writting this post I was installing the same two sceneries (KSFO, KSAN) in my XP10 setup. I only had the time to make a quick tour at KSFO.

OMG, what a jaw dropping experience! The breathtaking HDR lighting at dusk with all lights reflecting on water, the amazing airport detail with extreme objects setting at constant, fluid 30fps, the ultimate helicopter flight dynamics of the Dreamfoil AS350, even the road traffic, was unbelievable!

Everytime I find myself more and more reluctant to return to FSX...

I have also PAJN and PAWD installed which are trully amazing, especially being freeware. The quality of freeware addons for XP10 is unbelievable.

Being a GA guy, the one thing I'm really missing is a realistic weather system, something like ASN.

And another one is Ideal Flight for XP.  A system to prepare you for a flight by hitting a button, to remember where you have parked your aircraft, to create a flight plan and inject it into XP, as well as aircraft fuel and weight, and maybe add some AI traffic.

Impressive !

But I'm out of XP10 until I have proper daylight according to place and date / time of day, and proper Moon phases... and proper visibility ( without blur )...

All of this scenery stuff  is great, thanks specially to freeware producers, but I hate to arrive into an airport where it's still daylight, or at least twilight IRL ( and in FSX, MS FLIGHT, ... ) and in X-Plane 10 it is pitch dark, or looking at the Full Moon when it's new Moon .... Or flying an airliner ( let's wait for the 733 and see what it brings, but so far nothing even close to what I get in FSX... sorry ... ) at cruise level and be offered that ridiculous and annoying blur... which was supposed to be fixed already, wasn't it ? Or not having a proper weather injector, because none of the weather injection products available long time ago for FSX can be ported to XP10 due to the many limitations in terms of internal variables... 

I know I'm being negative, but I got tired of waiting for the plain vanilla fixes, and see things that I do not even know what they mean, being offered as the latest fixes... and watching the growth on those iPad apps, and probably the development of yet another cycle of XP ( XP11 ) when we are far from a final product in XP10...

Well...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I know I'm being negative, but I got tired of waiting for the plain vanilla fixes, and see things that I do not even know what they mean, being offered as the latest fixes... and watching the growth on those iPad apps, and probably the development of yet another cycle of XP ( XP11 ) when we are far from a final product in XP10...

You are not being negative. I feel the same.  That's why I go back to FS9 but come back to XPX just for the visuals because of HD v3 and W2XP.

I think there is an issue with the time in XPX.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

to create a flight plan and inject it into XP,

-----------------------------------------

I am now a certified XP junkie...and oh...  here is a great freeware flight plan creator, that will let you drop your file right into the FMS folder..and away you go....

http://onlineflightplanner.org/

Yes, I have to admit that for the airliner people things are not so rosy for a number of reasons, like proper airliners, winds aloft, visibility, ATC, AI traffic....

-----------------------------------------

I am now a certified XP junkie...and oh...  here is a great freeware flight plan creator, that will let you drop your file right into the FMS folder..and away you go....

http://onlineflightplanner.org/

Great tool, thank you!

I will soon start flying in FSEconomy which is a nice alternative (?) to Ideal Flight, not so automated though. But it gives you the same feeling of flying with purpose, that your virtual pilot life has a certain continuity  :lol:   Also it gives you a plausible reason to enter airport xxxx in the XP10 airport selector...

I've recently bitten the bullet with X-Plane 10, I had X-Plane 9 which didn't do it for me because of the lack of addons,but X-Plane 10 really is starting to mature.

I've done full flights with it, something I had never done with X-Plane 9 (sorry I hate calling it XP,because of the OS), and the future is there. It needs a few scenery developers to step on board,such as FSDT and Flytampa,but I will take a look at these sceneries and enhance my experience with X-Plane.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

With these sceneries, it's definitely heading in the right direction where GA is concerned but for Airliner stuff, there is IMHO still just too much still missing (much of it mentioned above).   I don't believe it will ever become 'the sim' for complex stuff, but for GA, it's certainly becoming a credible alternative sim.

With these sceneries, it's definitely heading in the right direction where GA is concerned but for Airliner stuff, there is IMHO still just too much still missing (much of it mentioned above).   I don't believe it will ever become 'the sim' for complex stuff, but for GA, it's certainly becoming a credible alternative sim.

Yes...for GA...it rocks!  I do take tube flights, here and there...but still consider FS9, the ultimate tube simulator.

FS9, the ultimate tube simulator.

Curious!  :-)  Why not FSX ( and yes,wrong forum for asking :-/ )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...