Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I now finally and fully know...where the future of Flight Simulation lays!

That's what I do, almost after every single flight! That's just because XPX totally amazes me each time I fire it up, I never had that with any other sim before! ;-)

Let's spread the word. Even the 2 big guys in streaming and youtube business don't show XPX in its full glory, and full potential. I tried to get in contact with them to give a few tips, but you know...

It would be so nice and well deserved if many more simmers would support the guys at Laminar by buying this sim! It doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't harm any other sim that might be installed. But somehow, people tend to rather look at projects like Outerra (which is a great engine!) or moan about shortcomings in XPX before they are willing to give it a try...

Absolutely agree....you spend the initial cost...and then have a third, platform to enjoy...that can not be duplicated within either FSX(x) or P3D(x).  Dusk/Night/Dawn flight operations.   I can't believe that a FSX/P3D user would not invest in an entirely new platform to enjoy, for the cost of one or two combined scenery files for the above.  I won't accept the excuse that "I only have so much, limited fund resources...to start to populate XPX beyond just-installed 'stock'." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!?   Places like the 'Org'...have TONS of scenery, aircraft, enhancement files that are fully free for you to start to populate your own copy of XPX.  The 'cost' excuse not to join the XPlane community, seriously, just doesn't cut it...and oh..while I'm on a soap-box roll....neither does the "I frankly don't have the time for another flight sim platform...as I dedicate myself to blah, blah."  Really?   REALLY?   Once you purchase the platform...it costs you nothing if it sits unused for a month or more!  Honestly though...it wouldn't.  I fly them all, depending on what I wish to experience for that flight.  So...there are no true 'valid' excuses, why someone wouldn't add this great franchise to their war chest, for they are doing themselves such, such, a disservice!....  Soap-Box mode now off, ( ^_^)

Agree about the jaggy reflections.

The reflections of things like mountains don't seem to get any aliasing and it's horribly distracting in a place like the San Juan Islands in Washington State, USA

I won't accept the excuse that "I only have so much, limited fund resources...to start to populate XPX beyond just-installed 'stock'." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?!?

I can afford it but... it simply lacks the features that I need for the type of flying I do.

Lots of Ai, good ATC, a weather program as good as ASN, Seasons ect. when it gets those I will have another look.

I can see why GA types find value in XP10 though, but for my use it does not work right now.

The weather issues are totally legitimate.

XP 11 simply *must* have a different weather engine that's far more advanced that simply reading METARS.

En-route weather in XPX is a joke unfortunately (and I love XPX...just being honest)

@jcjimmy,

I really enjoyed your slideshow, so much so that I added it to my collection of inspiring X-Plane videos. The music was perfect as aviation theme music. Imagine my surprise when I discovered at the end of the slide show that it was indeed intended to be such!

You have a really nice collection of airports, many of which I didn’t even know existed for X-Plane. I don’t suppose you’d care to list some of the favorites in your collection, would you?

Also you have quite the collection of aircraft. Your hangar must be the size of the National Air and Space Museum! :lol:
Thanks for sharing!
Tom

I can afford it but... it simply lacks the features that I need for the type of flying I do.

Lots of Ai, good ATC, a weather program as good as ASN, Seasons ect. when it gets those I will have another look.

I can see why GA types find value in XP10 though, but for my use it does not work right now.

True, for your needs, yes....but if you like night environment approaches, and fly-overs...then believe me, that is the price alone to add this to your collection.  As you read, I am not for one..and one only(sim platforms)...but to enjoy each flight experience strength, that each sim platform brings to the table. They are all good..and none bad...but let me tell ya...if you go mostly for tubes....there is nothing in this world, like a great approach at night to the numbers...than with XPX.  That is my point...there is something for everybody, to add this wonderful sim to the fold. I hope it does get a decent weather engine..and A.T.C. exactly as we have in the MS franchise end-of-things.  That would be great..and is absolutely needed!  Night flying though...unless you always fly in the AM....then respectively, you are truly missing out on some great flight simulation immersion. The others cannot produce it, close to what XPX can.  Nope....

True, for your needs, yes....but if you like night environment approaches, and fly-overs...then believe me, that is the price alone to add this to your collection.  As you read, I am not for one..and one only(sim platforms)...but to enjoy each flight experience strength, that each sim platform brings to the table. They are all good..and none bad...but let me tell ya...if you go mostly for tubes....there is nothing in this world, like a great approach at night to the numbers...than with XPX.  That is my point...there is something for everybody, to add this wonderful sim to the fold. I hope it does get a decent weather engine..and A.T.C. exactly as we have in the MS franchise end-of-things.  That would be great..and is absolutely needed!  Night flying though...unless you always fly in the AM....then respectively, you are truly missing out on some great flight simulation immersion. The others cannot produce it, close to what XPX can.  Nope....

I read in the below post that multicrew Experience are trying to connect Radar contact and PFE ATC to X plane.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458643-multi-crew-experience-coming-to-x-plane/

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Are you using some freeware scenery for Squamish or is that just how it looks?

Andras' V3 HD Mesh and the airport is from a package of freeware airports I think but I can't remember. Next time I am at my flight sim computer I will have a look see.

cheers

Peter

ironmaiden i know u might not like the colors :)

Yeah too bright :P But hey we have a bright morning

It's not about affording , it's about all the features that it misses.

It simply puts me off at times. But as I have said that the visuals are unmatched let it be day or night uhu ok some places in the day look yikes (I will not compare Fsx as that sim is old and gone nor I will compare payware stuff like ORBX or any payware of MS sims ). which brings me back to  it and I just fly around doing scenic flights thanks to Andras and Tony and those beautiful PAJN / PAWD / KSFO / CYYZ airports from .org.   And it's free. So cost wise it's nothing.

Yesterday I did a flight @Sapporo, land which i had not touched and I found gold.

The cloud rendering has improved and I like the default clouds. But a member told me that they only generate three layers now what that is beyond my understanding. There are times I find it funny when it rains and it looks like a naked rain.

There is a problem with graining / shimmering which maybe a rendering setting or because I use FXAA.

NEW BETA RELEASED

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Does the developer (s) ever ask the users what they would like in a new version (XP 11 )?

Thanks, Bruce.

The uswers? No. They ask the developers and some of the developers ask the users.

And if you look at the demanded features they are no surprise:

1. ATC, AI

2. Weather

3. Seasons

But all of these are long/medium tiume targets that contain several developments. Many developers will ask for the same features but some of them might have ideas that are much easier to reach or have ideas how to reach some of the big goals..

So how would it help to ask the users directly. Everyone can add a bug report/ feature request directly.

Does the developer (s) ever ask the users what they would like in a new version (XP 11 )?

I can't say I've ever seen them specifically ask normal users, but often they will listen to feedback from developers and add small features that are asked for, e.g. new datarefs, etc.

LR have made it clear that they're not trying to get FSX/P3D users by just reproducing all the features they have. The only information I've seen about X-Plane 11 is the German interview with Philipp, and it that it states that they're aiming for completely new simmers and younger folk, e.g. By making the interface nicer. Seasons will be there, and additionally, the biggest news is that they'll outsource the regional artwork to a gateway type system so outsourcing the object creation to third-parties. If this mirrors the airport gateway which is a success, XP11 is going to be a very exciting release and will really push the sim forward. 

Some of the most common things requested have been done by third-parties. My biggest complaint in X-Plane 10 was actually lack of scroll-wheel support for the instruments, and now we have it from third-parties. With the new GPS in 10.30, I no longer fire up FSX to do IFR flights in small GA planes.

Another sparkling example of X Plane at its best this time showing the combination of W2XP, a lovely little airport designed by Tony, Sky Maxx and the payware VFR UK photoscenery. This is the only combination that makes it as close to real as possible for me (& yes I have P3D 2.4 with ORBX). BTW I don't normally fly like this - but only because my instructor won't let me!

Suggest starting about 2:20 in if you do watch it. Stuttering non existent when not recording through FRAPS and exaggerated by One Drive.

http://1drv.ms/1uRznc6

cheers

Peter

I can't say I've ever seen them specifically ask normal users, but often they will listen to feedback from developers and add small features that are asked for, e.g. new datarefs, etc......

Thanks

LR have made it clear that they're not trying to get FSX/P3D users by just reproducing all the features they have.

Then what user does LR trying to get?  The key pieces in my view is the correct weather, distance visibility and season.  Even if LR want to go after the training crowd not having these basics are like "huh"?  XPX depict the scenery and environment very well, but stripping it away at far horizon that we can certainly see, a less than adequate weather, then the plus becomes less.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020