Sign in to follow this  
l52

HELP HELP.!... after uninstall DX10 scenery fixer ... shimmering!

Hi all,

I have a problem: ... Help please!

After I have uninstall DX10 Scenery fixer , and despite backup all FSX files as in User guide, Now in fsx I have shimmering problem in textures ....

Perhaps DX10 Scenery Fixer has changed some other files?... such as SHADERS .. or what else? ...

I have a backup of my HD and I could restore some other files ... but I don't know which ?!?

I have set FSX as before to us DX10, same thing for Nvidia Inspector as before DX10 Scenery Fixer ...

I don't understand what happened!?

Can you help me!!??

Thanks

Lucio

Hi all,

I have a problem: ... Help please!

After I have uninstall DX10 Scenery fixer , and despite backup all FSX files as in User guide, Now in fsx I have shimmering problem in textures ....

Perhaps DX10 Scenery Fixer has changed some other files?... such as SHADERS .. or what else? ...

I have a backup of my HD and I could restore some other files ... but I don't know which ?!?

I have set FSX as before to us DX10, same thing for Nvidia Inspector as before DX10 Scenery Fixer ...

I don't understand what happened!?

Can you help me!!??

Thanks

Lucio

Did you uninstall the Fixer Libraries first? That should revert back to the original textures.

DX10SF does not alter any textures or any DX9 shaders.

If you have shimmering e.g of trees in dx9 then the problem must be a setting in nvidia inspector, make sure that it is set to override, that you have the correct transparency options and in fsx check that you have disabled the in game aa and that you have the correct screen size and filtering set as previously.

Unfortunately NO! :(

what can I do .. now!?

I tried to reinstall again DX10 ... then Uninstall library e finaly uninstall tha program ... but nothing!

... I could restore some files from my HD backup?

:unsure:

I have shimmering in Aircraft texture (windows, glasses ...on edges etc.)

I check the NVI settings and now are the same as before to use DX10 .... I uploaded my config DX9 ... :unsure:!

How can add a screenshot of my problem?

.... thanks

Ah that's different, if your problem is reflections and not shimmering textures then there have been one or two cases where the reflection map for glass didn't get restored properly/ got corrupted.m Can you tell me the size in your FSX textures directory of envmap.bmp and dx9envmap.bmp

Here is a post about someone else with the same issue

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446135-dx10compatable-reflections-checkbox-never-presented-on-install/?fromsearch=1

If your dx9envmap is 42.7kb then you just need to replace the envmap.bmp with it, either copy by hand or install dx10sf , install and uninstall the libraries and the uninstall dx10sf.

Ok well that isn't the problem then.

As I said dx10sf doesn't change anything that effects dx9 (except the envmap which I typed in the original post and the removed as it added unnecessary complexity to the answer!).

Rereading your posts your problem still sounds like aa not working in nvidia. You will see jagged lines on the edge of window frames, lines moving in the scenery, shimmering in trees etc etc.

Yes! ..... right! ... lines moving, shimmering edges. etc..

anyone can tell me how can I add a screenshot of my problem in this forum?

thanks

Lucio

I use this to post screen shots

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thx pete !!! Very useful!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Strange it works for me, where are you trying to upload it,   just highlight   one of  the bb codes   and than paste it in the post thats all i do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg