Sign in to follow this  
l52

HELP HELP.!... after uninstall DX10 scenery fixer ... shimmering!

I have had a read back through your original post and I think that you may be saying that you are still using dx10 not dx9? As I have explained dx10sf doesn't alter any textures or shaders.

The exceptions to that are

1) it installs a different bgd.bmp which is used when a texture is missing. It restores the original when you uninstall

2) it alters the envmap.bmp - it takes a copy and restores it when you uninstall; from the sizes this has happened

3) if you had installed my freeware dx10 shader patches it uninstalls them and restores the backup copies of the original shaders. It doesn't reinstall them when you uninstall as I couldn't imagine anyone would want to downgrade.

Can you check the size of this texture (which dx10sf doesn't alter) GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

Why were you uninstalling it perhaps that might provide a clue? Did you previously use dx9 or dx10?

I have had a read back through your original post and I think that you may be saying that you are still using dx10 not dx9? As I have explained dx10sf doesn't alter any textures or shaders.

The exceptions to that are

1) it installs a different bgd.bmp which is used when a texture is missing. It restores the original when you uninstall

2) it alters the envmap.bmp - it takes a copy and restores it when you uninstall; from the sizes this has happened

3) if you had installed my freeware dx10 shader patches it uninstalls them and restores the backup copies of the original shaders. It doesn't reinstall them when you uninstall as I couldn't imagine anyone would want to downgrade.

Can you check the size of this texture (which dx10sf doesn't alter) GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds

Why were you uninstalling it perhaps that might provide a clue? Did you previously use dx9 or dx10?

GloBalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds is : 1.537 kb

I forgot to say that... when I look the Aircraft textures it seems more sharp than when I was used before DX9 ...

I restored all NVI settings for DX9 ... but the the risult is this !....

Are you now using dx9 or dx10. I simply cannot tell.

If textures appear sharper then it must be something different in your settings as dx10sf doesn't alter them...

Now I'm using DX9

..... :mellow:

... could be something about SweetFX? I used it only once ... I don't remenber if I was using DX10 or DX9 .. but having noticed that in FSX caused much shimmering, I uninstalled it immediately ... :o !

it was that?

I doubt it, best thing to do is download the avsim Fsx guide and check your settings against it.

http://forum.avsim.net/files/get/a01e46e7bc5996688702a9df93853e60/974-AVSIM%20Basic%20FSX.pdf

Not sure i agree on the use of Fxaa but other settings are sound.

Actually sweetfx uses a full screen smaa launcher, if you have enabled smaa and not installed sweetfx properly then you might get sharper textures and shimmering.

Sorry but When I click on the link I get this message:

"Sorry, we could not find that or you do not have permission to access it. If you are attempting to access a specific forum and are receiving this message, it is likely that you have not signed in or are not registered. Please sign in, or register. Registration and use of the AVSIM is free and only takes a minute or two. Join the largest flight simulation community on the net today! If you are registered and signed in, click on the AVSIM banner at the top left. If you are attempting to log in from a TOR network, you will not be allowed to do so."

??

I doubt it, best thing to do is download the avsim Fsx guide and check your settings against it.

http://forum.avsim.net/files/get/a01e46e7bc5996688702a9df93853e60/974-AVSIM%20Basic%20FSX.pdf

Not sure i agree on the use of Fxaa but other settings are sound.

Actually sweetfx uses a full screen smaa launcher, if you have enabled smaa and not installed sweetfx properly then you might get sharper textures and shimmering.

Thanks very much for your help!

I read di Avsim FSX guide.... I will check my settings.

One reason why I'm not using DSX10 sceneryFixer (for now)  is why, using PMDG777 , the well-known problem of the skeleton of texutres and the VC that appears first black and then normal, (from exsternal view to vc)  is much more pronounced  and takes longer than under DX9, ... can you give me some help about ?...because I do NOT give up using DX10 only for this aircraft! ...

Thanks

What is the texture_max_load set to in fsx.cfg? I recall reports that if it was the default 1024 and not 4096 then that could make the delay in view change for the 777 more pronounced when using dx10.

it was 1024, I will try 2048... and I will new post about this ... :P  

thanks

I like to thank you and all of this Avsim Forum for your kind and help gave me for my problem . :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: .. (solved).

Thanks again,,,

PS.

LAST Question;

How can I change my signature?