Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Does 777-P3D fix the extremely bizarre implementation of “dynamic head movement”

Hi,

In the FSX manual of the 777, one of the biggest problems with using a VC in FSX is highlighted (p.136):

Microsoft created an extremely bizarre implementation of “dynamic head movement” in FSX that cannot be turned off. This system causes the camera’s X, Y, Z position in 3D space to shift depending on set of parameters that shouldn’t play any role in such a feature including the aircraft’s compass heading and physical latitude and longitude on the simulator’s model of the Earth. In addition to this, the effect becomes more extreme the further away the cockpit is from the center of the aircraft’s model. As a result, you are likely to see VC camera viewpoints that do not exactly match what we intended.

Has this been fixed in P3D?  If not, does anyone think it will ever be fixed in either the Dovetail or P3D version?

In other words, how much time should I commit to developing my own 2d panels... :-)

Bryn

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

In short the answer is no because this is not a 777 problem. I doubt if it's fixed in p3d either. This was also discussed in a thread a few days back. A little search would have helped.

If you head over to the P3D forums, you might find your answer.

Gentlemen,

Neither of these responses have really helped Bryn. You've told him to search and visit another forum.

I agree this issue is not PMDGs fault at all - but if you have alternative links it would be really useful for him, me, and the community who might see this thread.

Bryn, I can confirm that the issue remains in P3D - and I also understand how difficult it is to search for, as describing it succinctly is rather tricky.

Best wishes all.

My point was you're more likely to get the answer you're looking for by asking in the P3D forums of avsim instead of a developers support forum.

Gentlemen,

Neither of these responses have really helped Bryn. You've told him to search and visit another forum.

I agree this issue is not PMDGs fault at all - but if you have alternative links it would be really useful for him, me, and the community who might see this thread.

Bryn, I can confirm that the issue remains in P3D - and I also understand how difficult it is to search for, as describing it succinctly is rather tricky.

Best wishes all.

Well not exactly. I did provide direct answers to his question followed by the tip.

Did you try to exclude the respective lines in the configfile?

People keep suggesting that, but it doesn't help. It mitigates some of the movement, but the annoying head movement is still there.

Dear All,

Also very interested in resolving this - even though it may be in the wrong forum thread. If anyone knows of a link to fix - it would be appreciated.

Have tried the config fix etc, no change.

Good youtube demo on the issue here: 

Best wishes.

It's hardcoded into FSX, so unless a developer with the FSX/ESP Source code (LM, or maybe Dovetail), gets around to fixing it, there's not much that can be done about it.

I remember OPUS making an effort to solve the problem, but as far as I know, they didn't succeed.

This is something that has bothered me forever in FSX and probably versions before. I bought the 300 expansion a couple of days ago and it is of course more exaggerated due to the length of it. I have also been hopping around the equator with it which makes it even worse. A truly absurd problem to have to deal with.

I have many words in my vocabulary to describe the person/persons responsible for inflicting such an appalling and preposterous design decision on us. However, I can not use them here. 

Sometimes the movement is so ridiculous I am convinced it is a joke.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I haven't checked, but would something like EZCA that takes over the camera mitigate or remove this problem?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I haven't checked, but would something like EZCA that takes over the camera mitigate or remove this problem?

Users I have talked to say no.

If there was any utility that removes it, I would be the first in line to throw money at that developer.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

It does not. And like Kyle above I too would throw money at a solution to this.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

There appear to be just two variables that define the radius of the view point rotation: the aircraft's distance from the equator, and the distance of the eye point from the centre of the aircraft.

Surely with a bit of testing, someone could come up with the two parameters for those variables that can then be used to neutralise the movement through the simConnect interface. I'd have a crack myself, but what holds me back is the time-cost of collecting the data and estimating the parameters, and learning how to control views in simConnect. But there are developers who have the kit all set up...

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr