Sign in to follow this  
The_avionics_guy

Opusfsi is outstanding...

This topic is a big thanks to sheryl and stephen for their great work on opusfsi.

i have been away since a few months and the last version i installed on my computer was 4.10 and today i installed the last version and i was amazed of the clouds depiction  and clouds layers.It's truly amazing.( i have tried Active sky next and fsgrw and none equals opus fsi).

i have a little request: in active sky next there is an option to hide the aircraft when entring in the clouds, is it possible to implement this option in opus?

apart from that every thing looks good so far.

thanks for this master piece guys

Sorry no it's not but the sim does a reasonable job. I have never seen my wings disappear when in cloud though in the RW.

Will be posting Beta Version 4.48.0 soon introducing a new Weather Relocation feature.

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated.

Stephen :-)

its my pleasure Stephen

is it possible to have a summary of the flight  like the information bellow on weather report?

average  cruise wind             
average  headwind component     
average  trip temperature        
average  trip temp isa dev       
average  cruise temperature  
average  cruise temp isa dev   

thx again for your support

You already have all this information in the flight report text files. The on screen reports use the sims menu display which is limited to 10 lines. Check out the Opus text reports. There's a report showing all downloaded METARs and TAFs, a report to show all GRIB forecasted wind and temps from ground upwards to 50km altitude, a report to show all SIDs and STARs for your planned departure and destination (along with helpful departure directions and arrival bearings), finally there are two reports for your planned route. One in a readable text format and another text rep file for simple decoding using software. These reports display ALL the weather information for your planned flight.

You should also get familiar with the LWA Map which will display your planned route along with all Nav and way points.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsi_live_weather2.htm#_Toc361558451

All the information can also be displayed on a networked client, including the LWA Map and its own weather or traffic reports.

We are now preparing new small footprint LWA Map options allowing multiple maps on display (on either the server or a networked client). These maps will also allow any aerodrome to be located and provide graphic assistance at selecting SIDs and STARs.

A separate and optional Info window will be added to allow the en route or localised weather to be checked, display aerodrome info, runways (in order or precedence based on the aerodromes surface wind), COM frequencies etc..

I purchased OpusFSX last year, then I see there is an OpusFSI now.  Is there any videos I can look at to see the differences?  Videos explaining all the changes?  I can read all the text I want about it, but half of it I don't understand as I'm not really a hardcore flight sim guy (yet)

Hi,

There is a discounted upgrade for OpusFSX users. No video I'm afraid describing the many changes, basically all aspects and features of OpusFSX were enhanced, upgraded, and extended. If you like OpusFSX then you will love OpusFSI.

Stephen,

I'm going to trust you, I'm pulling the trigger now

Pull it and you will never look back.

Waleed N

I purchased the upgrade last night, installed it and uninstalled OpusFSX after.  Will go through the setup guidelines tonight, there is a lot of reading to do but I'm excited to do it.

Nice video.

But that's fog, and yes, we do set the fog down to the absolute minimum. Any less and the sim will actually bring the fog into the cockpit. So for fog ... our vis layering will extend down to the max the sim will allow.

However, we have flown up through 5000+ feet of cloud on occasions, in the real world, and have never seen our wings disappear. But yes in absolute thick surface fog layers it can get so thick and dense you barely see 20 yards in front. But in cloud .... never yet experienced it in 20 years of flying through the stuff. I suppose when blinded by the Sun or in heavy rain things can become very difficult but under normal circumstances our wings are always visible. If the military don't even break formation when in cloud on approach then I guess they're happy as well. We flew in cloud the other week and commented to each other on this and could have even been in formation ourselves. :-)