Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

2015 RTWR Weather Declaration Thread

Folks, Use this thread to state the weather you intend to use for the 2015 RTWR.

Per the rules:

iii. Weather Settings You must fly using Real-World Weather. You may use the default Jeppesen weather engine, or you may use an appropriate version of one of the following addon weather engines: Active Sky, FS Pilots Global Real Weather, Opus and the freeware FSrealWX. You must declare your weather engine of choice before the race and stick with that choice throughout the race. Teams should post the pilots' choices for all to see.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I will be using ASN weather (Active Sky Next) for the 2015 RTWR

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I will be using default Microsoft Flight Simulator Weather Engine for 2015 RTW Race.

Travis.png?dl=1

Joining the crowd. I shall use Active Sky Next.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I will use the FSX Default weather engine.

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT

What about switching between FSX and FS9?  I'll be using Active Sky 2012 for FSX, but that's FSX only...

Can I say that I'll be using Active Sky 2012 in FSX, and Active Sky Evolution in FS9?  Or do I need to choose a weather engine compatible with both simulators if I intend to be able to switch between them?

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Dave,

Good question. Let me give a TENTATIVE answer--pending further consideration by the Executive Committee.

You need to use the same weather engine for both. So you could use the default system. Or Active Sky Evolution.

The point is that the pilot does not have a choice over his weather -- he has to fly what he gets. Make sense?

Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Makes perfect sense, just needed to clarify it so I do things correctly and not lock myself out of FS9 (where many of my race aircraft are) because I declared an FSX-only weather engine.

I'll make my declaration later, but definitely before the race.. :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

For Stone (and others), a new NOTAM is up that allows for multiple weather engines to be declared by pilots who will fly multiple simulation platforms. (In Stone's case, he could declare AS2012 for FSX and ASE or Default for FS9.) As long as the pilot declares the simulation platform-weather engine combination ahead of time and sticks with it, all will be good.

See http://www.fsrtwrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1