Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

PMDG 777 night time & DX10

The 777 is not DX10 compatible. It's a use at your own risk situation.

P3D is DX11 and there is a separate P3D version of the 777.

no issue here using  steves dx 10 fixer in fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No issues as well. Try turning the legacy lightning off in the DX10 fixer control panel (legacy tab). You could also try to play with the sliders and see if that helps.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I'm having the same issue with that area of the panel as well. Both sides. I don't think its a texture issue being that those textures are present and not modified. It seems to only appear with choosing the digital clock option.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

If the DX10 fixer doesn't work, then there probably won't be any solution as it is not supported.

ijust turned legacy off and now I do not see ai traffic and it does not fix anything

Yes turning things off will not help you, I have most of the legacy stuff turned on.

The good news is you can run DX10 fixer with the PMDG777 and have no issues at all. I like many others use it with DX10 fixer.

Steve DX10 fixer works just fine, the fixer is very complex and does a lot of things. I am just like most of us and do not read the manuals cover to cover. My best guess is that it could be your DX10 Fixer setup. Make sure your running the latest version, go to the flightsim store and download the latest version from your account(There was at least two or three versions released this year). Follow Steves manual set the right settings in the Fixer, apply before running FSX, check FSX CFG has the right DX10 fixer entries, and your shader folders do not have any older files that could be messing things up. The DX10 fixer manual I recall talked me through all this.

I also looked at the picture you posted that looks like a possible missing texture or as you deducted is probably a DX10 issue. Be patient, you will find the solution. I suggest you start by making sure DX10 Fixer is correctly setup. The benefit will be more than getting the 777 working nicely, you will get FSX looking and working nicely in DX10 mode.

Best of luck.

Hi Ben, now that you have the latest version you will need to follow the manual to ensure its all setup correctly for you system. The main graphics processing settings are different for every one, because they have to match your GPU and CPU combination. Once you have set the main graphics processing settings the manual recommends for your system then you can make your way through the manual to set all the other options. Steve's DX10 fixer requires a bit of investment in time to get the best out of it. If you run the default settings you will not be getting the most out of it.

Read the manual, work your way slowly through the options and soon you will be enjoying many graphic improvements including shadows in the cockpit of the 777, you can even set contrast and darkness of the shadows.

Best of luck.

Could you tell me your dx10 fixer settings, as I have confirmed my fixer is fully updated

Hi Ben,

I personal messaged you a link for my DX10 Fixer settings profile. The profile has all my settings and you can load it via the fixer profile load option in the upper tab's.

Hope that helps you.