Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99

Aerosoft have reduced their box version of the excellent PMDG 747X (for FSX only) permanently to €29.99. The  link is incorrect in their shop, try

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13416&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Can some of the more experienced folks weigh in on this?  I was really excited about this one, and was about to buy it (specially because the 20% sale -which lasts all through today still- would make a boxed copy for me from aerosoft cost only $28), however I then read this is a really old product/model, from 2008, that the ifly 747v2 is very recent and a better option, or another option is waiting a few months for the PMDG V2 of the aircraft....

Thoughts?

Aerosoft have reduced their box version of the excellent PMDG 747X (for FSX only) permanently to €29.99. The  link is incorrect in their shop, try

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=13416&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Can some of the more experienced folks weigh in on this?  I was really excited about this one, and was about to buy it (specially because the 20% sale -which lasts all through today still- would make a boxed copy for me from aerosoft cost only $28), however I then read this is a really old product/model, from 2008, that the ifly 747v2 is very recent and a better option, or another option is waiting a few months for the PMDG V2 of the aircraft....

Thoughts?

Well, there is no doubt that it is an older product. But it's viewed as a great aircraft. The MD-11 has not lost it's luster. I'm thinking of picking this up.

Wait for the PMDG 744v2.

Ok, this could probably be great aviation ignorance on my part but here goes...:   744? This is 747?

Yep, short form for 747-400.

Ah, sweet thanks! :) Of course I'm sure it won't be same price and probably the reason they lowered the prices of this original one is that (hopefully?) it won't be long now...

This is a permanent price drop.  I don't fly it so much now,but it's still a good plane.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Ah, sweet thanks! :) Of course I'm sure it won't be same price and probably the reason they lowered the prices of this original one is that (hopefully?) it won't be long now...

Looks like a classic box clearout sale to me. (By the box publisher Aerosoft, not by the developer PMDG.)

As far as the release date of the PMDG B744v2 is concerned: PMDG coined a reply, which has also been copyrighted by them: "SoonTM".   :lol:

In "plane" English it means that the release still is unbearably far away ...   :ph34r:  

Looks like a classic box clearout sale to me. (By the box publisher Aerosoft, not by the developer PMDG.)

As far as the release date of the PMDG B744v2 is concerned: PMDG coined a reply, which has also been copyrighted by them: "SoonTM".   :lol:

In "plane" English it means that the release still is unbearably far away ...   :ph34r:  

Even though they teased screenshots? :P

This is a permanent price drop.  I don't fly it so much now,but it's still a good plane.

And if you didn't have it.. would you buy it *today* for $28 boxed, or would you pass and wait for v2...? :)