Sign in to follow this  
gfd

ProATC X

Wasn't sure where to post this. I use P3D, so here I am.

I notice that there hasn't been any activity on the ProATC forum since the 11th of February. That seems to be a bit of time between posts. There's usually daily activity. Anybody know what's happening?

Thanks.

Last post is only 3 days old and they have to be approved manually.

Maybe moderators are busy elsewhere or people are finally satisfied and don't have problems anymore (me included :smile:)

Vectored approaches will hopefully be improved as announced by alpha117, we will see how it develops...

Regards, Sebastian

Last post is only 3 days old and they have to be approved manually.

Maybe moderators are busy elsewhere or people are finally satisfied and don't have problems anymore (me included :smile:)

Vectored approaches will hopefully be improved as announced by alpha117, we will see how it develops...

I'm with you on that. I bought it after reading lots of bad things. I love it, I haven't had a single issue with it over about 20 full IFR flights...

I still have some issues. Apparently the forum is not well served in these days.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I think they've made some excellent improvements to the program. Just a bit weird that it's ground to a halt. Even in the darkest days last year, there was a lot of activity in the forum.

I bought this recently and I like it in general.  But, I found that it often has issues and I can only finish about 50% of the flights that I start with it as something usually goes wrong.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

As far as I am concerned it is the worst forurm in the flight sim world especially lately. The program still has issues but for the most part is working which is a God send to most loyal purchasers. They seem to only update there forum once a day. It's all very very frustrating

Nelson

That's true - the forum is all but useless.

Rick Abshier

I notice that there hasn't been any activity on the ProATC forum since the 11th of February

This is actually correct for the sub-forum that deals with the latest version. I find that distressing too. The software works great for me, but I hope they aren't shutting down the customer service aspect of the operation. 

- Bill Magann

As far as I am concerned it is the worst forurm in the flight sim world especially lately. The program still has issues but for the most part is working which is a God send to most loyal purchasers. They seem to only update there forum once a day. It's all very very frustrating

Nelson

The last post in the forum was February 11. I hope they're not doing another disappearing act...that would be very unfortunate. The software is that close to being really good.

I hope they're not doing another disappearing act

I hope not...

The forum technology seems to be old, with a lot of dysfunctions.

On one post they said that it was difficult to manage, because the forum is not protected against spam.

But, I wonder why there is no information of what's going on.

Claude

Claude Troncy

If I wasn't so caught up in VATSIM I'd use Pro ATC X more.  It's not just the best offline ATC addon there is in my opinion, but it's also one of the best route plotters I've seen out of almost ANY other one.

It's better than simbrief, flightaware, route finder, vatroute, and yes even PFPX.

My opinion but it's pretty flawless.  In fact, I use it more for the route plotting than the ATC. :)

Doesn't have support? Me and Ronzie have been supporting it for years, And we don't get paid! We do it for the love of the program. :smile:

I used to use RC with FSX and, when I switched to P3D, I didn't re-install it.  But, even considering the fact that it's not being developed any longer, it still may be better than Pro ATC at this point although, as noted above, its planner is quite nice.

Rick Abshier

Not sure how you can say its been abandoned when they released 1.4 late last year and have done updates to that since.

But now it seems to happen again. Many unanswered questions in their forum.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

FWIW: I'm one of the moderators at the ProATC forums (without pay). I personally had to take a timeout, because my day to day job is currently taking way too much time. To give you an example, I haven't been able to do a single flight this year.

I'm only speaking for my self, but in this situation, forum moderation is the last thing I want to do. The internet seems to bring out the worst in people.

Why is it that people can't ask questions, but decide to start screaming and making false claims?

For example, why is it always:

"They said, that NAT tracks importing should work in the new version. It doesn't!!! What a sh**ty program, I want my money back!!!"

Why couldn't it be like this?

"Hello! I tried to import the following route [insert route here] and some of the waypoints are missing. Can you guys help me out with this one? Thanks!"

When you come home after a long day of work, what would your reaction when you would see these questions posted? When I see the first version, I don't feel the urge to help out. When I see the second one, I'm more than happy to help.

(for the record, the NAT track waypoints import works as it should. You just need to include DCT between any waypoints that are not connected by airways)

So to sum up. For me, the reason for not currently being present at the forums is purely lack of time.

EDIT: I just received the latest ProATC beta from the developer, so there is a change that a new version is released in the next couple of weeks.

P.S. Happy flying (and please read the manual or at least the tutorial flights)!

Edited by Jarkko