Sign in to follow this  
Alessandrov81

FSX SE- Please Help Blurries on decent and tweaked system

I forgot to say that, before working on OC i changed the following CFG settings:

- Bandiwidth Multi = 580 

- Texturemaxload=60

TBM is not used i think because of CPU bottleneck (i think real used value is much lower)

High Texture maxload doesn't make texture loading faster (with CPU bottleneck) but makes it more uniform i feel...

i didn't change those settings because now all is going fine so i don't want to mess with the cfg file anymore!

Also i'm wondering if OC HT link could give better texture loading performance (beeing data transfer involved), i've read it doesn't (i have read only CPU/NB OCing give more FPS, with an OC CPU), but i'm not sure. Also increasing CPU/NB imho gave higher perfomance because it permitted my 1600mhz ram to work faster.

I think i'll test 2100mhz ore 2400mhz HT link and watch FPS and stability (for now no issue flying for 2 hours).

Thanks for sharing this experience, sounds interesting, I definitely have to try those settings once in a while as well.

someone say raising CPU/NB give no FPS at all, but my experience is different

i have to thanks expecially this post:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/273656-29-pros-cons-overclocking-link

there they also say HT link don't give performance booster

i think CPU/NB ocing actually give FPS increase only if you have your CPU overclocked and up to a maximum of mhz given by this formula: optimal CPU/NB freq. = (CPU Freq X 2)/3,15. I.E. in my OC settings: CPU/NB=(3840X2)/3,15=2436. With my FSB=240 i could put i slight lower freq, 2400MHZ or an higher one (2640MHZ) 

I preferred to keep an higher value to be sure that the speed of the memory handling is maxed for my CPU frequency. 

Also, I think it was a no brain decision because i had not to raise the stock voltage of the NB itself (which I found make system very hot and unstable), but only the voltage of the CPU / NB = 1.40

I have just found a very informative thread about CPU NB and performance for AMD Phenom II

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?224502-So-what-really-is-faster-3-8GHZ-CPU-but-NB-at-2000-or-3000MHZ

impressive results

also there seems to be a big difference between HT link 2000mhz or 2400mhz

I have also read that NB/HT OCing is less effective for intel cores, and new cores in general

but maybe worth trying!