Sign in to follow this  
marty2756

Texture colour issues creating photoscenery

Just one more check to confirm its my problem... anybody can verify KLXV o bing?

This is what I see right now in different browsers:

EKlYgmT.jpg

I haven't played with tileproxy so I don't know about the color hack. I do know it's possible to automate color adjustments with a command line tool like nconvert.exe but I'm not sure how efficient it would be on huge chunks of imagery. Maybe tileproxy does something like that? I usually download a map with SBuilderX and then just put some color adjustment layers on them in PhotoShop. I've got some saved selective color presets and I usually just try one then the other until I find one that best matches the landclass textures and then maybe make some fine adjustments from there. I usually put on a hue & saturation adjustment layer and also a brightness & contrast layer as well. I'm just using PS CS2 which is available for free in a roundabout way. Having the saved presets saves a lot of fiddling with sliders which is something I absolutely hate, lol.

I just did a bunch of photoreal for the Black Rock Desert from google satellite but I don't think I was anywhere near 4 or 5 GB. Less than a gig altogether I think, maybe they do "ban" you when you use that much bandwidth, I'd never know because with my lousy internet it'd take me a week to download, lol.

(Black Rock Desert screenshots if anyone's interested)

Very nice scenery from Black rock.

Was that zoom level 18 or less?

Very nice scenery from Black rock.

Was that zoom level 18 or less?

Thanks for the kind words, yes it was pretty low resolution, I captured at zoom level 15 which resulted in LOD14 photoreal. It looks best from a few thousand feet up no doubt. I don't really have the bandwidth for anything higher unless it's just a small airport background or something, my internet connection transfers data from the map servers at ~100 Kb/sec or less. New cell tower going in and supposedly operational in early summer should alleviate the lousy connection somewhat but they are certainly in no hurry to get it up and running. Jeez, it's like they don't even care that I'm limited to LOD14 photoreal! :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, yes it was pretty low resolution, I captured at zoom level 15 which resulted in LOD14 photoreal. It looks best from a few thousand feet up no doubt. I don't really have the bandwidth for anything higher unless it's just a small airport background or something, my internet connection transfers data from the map servers at ~100 Kb/sec or less. New cell tower going in and supposedly operational in early summer should alleviate the lousy connection somewhat but they are certainly in no hurry to get it up and running. Jeez, it's like they don't even care that I'm limited to LOD14 photoreal! :smile:

The way I've done it in the past (sort of getting back into it) is ZL18 around major areas I care about (in my case, downtown Seattle corridor from Vancouver down to Olympia) and then I do ZL16 for mountains and other areas that I'm likely up at altitude over anyways - Works out great!