Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

PMDG_777X.dll Error P3D v2.4

I am getting an error trying to start the PMDG 777. I have a saved flight that I have always used in the past. Default P3D plane and then load the PMDG. It doesn't quite get to the systems countdown before I get the crash to desktop. Only thing that I have changed is a recent video card swap. Old drivers were removed and new drivers updated. No problems with other default and payware planes.

I get the same error when I am creating a new flight with the 777. Default BE58 loaded and then switching to the PMDG. I am using the United Airlines (Merger - Fictional) livery downloaded from your site.

PMDG_777XDLLError.jpg

Thanks,
John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Please sign all posts with your full name as per forum rules.

Does the crash occur if you load the 777 without loading any other aircraft?

I would have to go back and change how P3D starts.  I have it set to use the BE58 on startup.

Is that possible to have it start without being in a plane on a runway?

John

John P. Navara

I would have to go back and change how P3D starts.  I have it set to use the BE58 on startup.

Is that possible to have it start without being in a plane on a runway?

John

It can cause issues, I think PMDG recommend you don't switch aircraft into the 777? 

Don't have P3D so can't look for settings but is there not a way of going to the main menu or anything at launch instead of loading the default flight?

Another thing to try would be deleting all your trusted modules in the P3D.cfg and letting that section rebuild and ensuring you allow all PMDG modules.

It has long been advocated, never ever start a sim, be it FSX-MS, or FSX-SE, or Prepar3D with anything other than their respective default aircraft. Only then, is it recommended that switch to another aircraft, be it PMDG, MilViz, Level_D, et al, be made.

It has long been advocated, never ever start a sim, be it FSX-MS, or FSX-SE, or Prepar3D with anything other than their respective default aircraft. Only then, is it recommended that switch to another aircraft, be it PMDG, MilViz, Level_D, et al, be made.

That's not what I am saying. P3D loads the default flight as standard (into the actual cockpit ready to fly), I'm asking if he can look into stopping that so he can switch to the 777 before the sim actually loads to cockpit like how FSX allows.

I was not aiming that response at you, Chris. It was for the OP.

I'm sure that he can get the PMDG777 to load as the start-up aircraft if he loads a flight and then saves that as the Default Flight, but that is what I was trying to point out-----not recommended.

That is exactly how I used to load it.  Default BE58 at KIOW is my default flight.  I then switch to my saved PMDG777 flight with the plane sitting at KSFO.  it worked fine until I upgraded the video card.  Not I get the DLL error whenever I try to load the PMDG.  I am unable to create the Default in the 777 as when I try to load the plane I get the error.

John

John P. Navara

I would do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the 777, including deleting any remaining folders.

That was my thought as well.  I was hoping that I would have gotten a response from the support ticket that I sent to PMDG before going to that extreme.

If I don't hear anything from them by the end of the day I will do that this evening.

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara