Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

Getting FS9 repaints to work in FSX

I'm trying to use the repaint "2010-03-02_erjv2_135_airfrance_f-gohe.zip" from the file library. It's for the feelthere ERJv2, and was originally done for FS9. Trying to use it in fsx, I get a lighting issue, as seen in the attached picture. What do I need to change/convert to get the textures to work properly in FSX?

thanks

I4DJKBR.png

I don't own the aircraft you have, but for many aircraft that were made for FS9, may have a different paint kit for FSX. Files in FSX for the most part are .dds files. There are also more texture files used in FS9 than in FSX, so you may have to remove or replace certain texture files. It's been so long since I've used FS9, and soon will stop using FSX as I migrate to P3D, that I can't give you more info. I do hope someone who has your aircraft gives you a much better answer, but I just wanted you to have some idea of what you can look forward to.

FlightOne has an Addon Converter for converting FS9 textures to FSX (not permanently).  Called Addon Converter X.  There's a 20 minute demo so you can try it to see if it is working the way you want it to.  Think it costs $19.95.  It was made so you can use DX10 Preview too but you don't need to enable DX10.  I emphasize it does not convert the textures permanently, just on the fly.  When you quit, the textures will return to FS9 versions - http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10