Sign in to follow this  
Harley7354

PMDG 777 "Pilot Response" Warning on ND

After flying for an hour or so, I get a warning stating "Pilot Response" in the ND? The only action that I can find to take is to click on the AP button. The light then goes out, but I can't determine that anything happened. Certianly puzzling.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe Parker

this is a pilot sleepy time checker :) so if u fall asleep at the wheel it will start alarming you, usually used on long flights, if u dont care much for this, i would suggest disabling this option in PMDG options in FMC.

clicking on master alarm warning button acknowledges you are not sleepy. 

:)

After flying for an hour or so, I get a warning stating "Pilot Response" in the ND? The only action that I can find to take is to click on the AP button. The light then goes out, but I can't determine that anything happened. Certianly puzzling.

Things would certainly be a little less puzzling had the intro manual been read  :wink:

As mentioned above, this is the CAM (crew alertness monitor). It's a feature of the actual aircraft, but it can be disabled in the PMDG Setup> menu.

Part of normal pilot duties is to keep the heading bug synced up with the aircraft's actual heading as you fly. Changing the selected heading on the MCP is enough to reset the timer on the CAM and prevent it from setting off alarms.

Kyle Rodgers

Things would certainly be a little less puzzling had the intro manual been read

That was certainly my first thought.

I realize the number of pages often prevents someone from going through the manual - and many people probably feel that way (it's normal).. 

But one can search the manuals quite easily, and quickly come up with answers instead of writing another post.  A terrific, very positive offshoot of that is that once the manual is open and you're reading, you never know what you might learn. Before you know it you're learning and on your way to really understanding and appreciating the aircraft and the many features you may not have known about before!

I'll add that searching the AVSIM forums before creating another thread can also be beneficial.

Additionally, the two options above usually result in an instant answer, rather than having to wait for a response. 

No disrespect is intended. I simply offer this as a means to promote self-help and quick, accurate answers to questions.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Additionally, the two options above usually result in an instant answer, rather than having to wait for a response. 

Exactly. This has been my position for quite some time.

Waits for someone to bring up the inevitable "well then what do we use the forum for???"

...to which I'd answer: "For answering the questions people can't find in manuals, and there certainly are plenty of those. That, or explaining the reasoning behind what was found in the manuals."

Kyle Rodgers