Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

KAMA - Rick Husband International Released

Thanks so much for your work!

I will gladly hand over my money for a KDAL as well.  I live in the dallas area and do photography at Love regularly.

Have you given any thought to Addison?

Thanks again for your effort!

Mitchell Haughee

Thanks so much for your work!

I will gladly hand over my money for a KDAL as well. I live in the dallas area and do photography at Love regularly.

Have you given any thought to Addison?

Thanks again for your effort!

+1 for another Dallas guy on KDAL OR KADS.

I wouldn't mind Brian trying his skills at KABQ either :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

+2 for Love Field Brian, you'll have my money in a second! The shots, look great, can't wait to try it ouT

It looks so good Brian, you planning on doing more Airport with level of quality?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

KAMA is actually just some muscle work in ADE, know how for photo real building and borrowing freeware objects others have made.  I have a long way to go to be 'pro' but I am giving it my all for KDAL and trying to get it up there with other companies quality.   I am learning a lot every day.   In fact.. stuff I learned these last few weeks I just put to use at KAMA v2.0 today while fixing the broken RWY 22.

Updates I Did Today:

• Added custom ground polys with all the correct airport markings in place now.   All Hold Short, Runway labels and other taxi marks are now in place
  • Added the missing Rose Compass.
  • Papi lights are now in the correct position
  • The long lost LOC/DME has been restored for RWY 22.  Tune in to 111.1 to get your Land On yo!

Still to Do:

• Clean up photo scenery around the airport.  Get rid of those nasty edges now that we know how to do texture blending.  

This update should be released by Friday on the AVSIM library.

KDAL is my home too.  I live like 5 minutes from DFW and 20 minutes from KDAL.   I do plane spotting all the time around DFW.   I fly for Southwest Virtual and I am really not happy with the lack of Payware for KDAL or the freeware.  Glenn did an amazing job but his version of KDAL is murder on my frame rate and VAS usage so I want to take it to that last step; full 3D models, baked textures, moving custom jetways, all that jazz.   It I am hoping to have a limited beta for a few key testers by the end of the year.

Prepar3D%202015-03-25%2022-18-50.pngPrepar3D%202015-03-25%2022-26-49.pngPrepar3D%202015-03-25%2022-27-10.pngPrepar3D%202015-03-25%2022-28-46.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

KDAL is my home too. I live like 5 minutes from DFW and 20 minutes from KDAL. I do plane spotting all the time around DFW.

I live right next KDAL across from the closed runway 18 and the two 727's you see parked next to Lemmon Ave. I'm next to the Embassy Suites and have a pretty clear view of the north side of the airport since I am on the 4th floor, can't see 13R though. From where I am I do a lot of spotting from my living room.

Before I moved to KDAL I used to go out to Founders Plaza at DFW to spot a few times a month when the wind was from the south so that I could get a better view of landings on 18R. Since I live almost on top of KDAL I rarely go to DFW anymore unless I happen to be in the area and have some time to kill.

Glenn did an amazing job but his version of KDAL is murder on my frame rate and VAS usage so I want to take it to that last step; full 3D models, baked textures, moving custom jetways, all that jazz. It I am hoping to have a limited beta for a few key testers by the end of the year.

Glenn's version is not bad and better than the Blueprint version for sure. I used to have an issue with VAS at his airport but solved it by converting a few of the textures to DXT and resizing one of them. If I recall, he used one or more 32bit 4096 sized textures for the museum and that was the cause of the VAS issues. Once I fixed the textures I haven't had any problems with it, but I would still like a good quality version of it, like what Flytampa did with KBOS and Midway that includes some of the surrounding buildings on the exterior of the airport.

It I am hoping to have a limited beta for a few key testers by the end of the year.

I would be happy to test that for you if you would like!

Mitchell Haughee

Just had a short hop from dfw yesterday in to your kama scenery, love it, I would say almost pay quality!

I'll wait for the V2, I have to admit that the texture blending is a must! 

Thanks for this little masterpiece

cheers

Paolo

Releasing tomorrow.    I think that is about 500% better than version 1.    Yes... RWY 22 is no longer broke.  XD     Everything is fixed and spruced up!

I fixed RWY 22's LDA/DME approach.   I added custom ground polys and textures denoting all taxi and runway markings per the real deal.   I blended the scenery with Default/FTX Global/MSE2.0 much better.    I also noticed that the Landclass KAMA blows giant hurricane force winds so as you can see I corrected that.    Spring time!   Everything is turning green.. enjoy it KAMA!  Because everything dies in like 3 months from extreme heat.  XD

Version 3 will have the custom 3D Model of the terminal and parking garages and Seasonal Textures added.   I will post the AVSIM library link once it is approved and up.   Happy flying!

KAMA-V2.jpg

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for doing this Brian. Nice to have more hubs in Texas for some short flights from the metroplex. Seasonal will be nice for the next release since they get a fair amount of snow and ice in the winter up there.

Think I saw on ADX that someone is working on El Paso, so that will be one more short hop from KDAL/KDFW.