Sign in to follow this  
redhead66

Default Piper Cub

I have just installed FSX on a new computer on a dedicated SSD. Win 7 Home Premium 64.  When checking some default aircraft I see that the Piper Cub only shows as a skeleton.  All the other default aircraft are ok as well as some payware addons.

Does anyone know why this might be.  I noticed that SDK  was not installed during the installation, but I remember that the last time I installed FSX on my old computer it was.  That seems to be the only difference that I have noticed up to now.  Could that be the reason?

Bob

Bob Palmer

When checking some default aircraft I see that the Piper Cub only shows as a skeleton. All the other default aircraft are ok as well as some payware addons.

Make sure, when starting FSX you start it with Administrative Privileges.  You can have this done permanently by going to the FSX main folder and right clicking FSX.exe and selecting Properties.  Under the compatibility tab, look all the way down and make sure Administrative Privileges is check for ALL users.  Make sure UAC is disabled. 

The SDK has never been installed with FSX as it is not needed to run FSX.  You have to install it separately via FSX Deluxe then inserting the Acceleration disk and installing the update. The following link provides details on how to install it properly - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29. You will need to install the SDK if you want to develop some nice missions or network or build some scenery and aircraft.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim

Thanks for your reply.  I had already cancelled UAC  (slider at bottom) and Action Centre UAC unticked.  I have FSX starting as administrator (box ticked in compatibility tab).  Although where it says "privilege level" it is ticked but greyed out.

Should the "run in compatibilty mode be set to Win 7?

Bob

Bob Palmer

Somewhere out there is a Texture Fix that I downloaded and ran, that cured this problem for me. It wasn't the Cub, but a freeware plane... And it spread to my other planes too. The Texture Fix .... Fixed it! I think it was ******* Altuve who created it.

Oh, why is the name ******* in asterisks? Is ******* a swear word? Sorry ....