Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SP2 Just became available - Let's Go see what we have.

Just got word that SP2 is up.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

SP2
Fixes
EHSI display problem
Takeoff gear warning
Fuel consumed indicator
Other minor issues

Improvements
Autopilot behaviour
Antiskid implemented
Altimeter behaviour

SP1
Plus, all the fixes and improvements of the previous service pack 20150126

Fixes
ITT over limit
N1 digital readout over 100%
FMS time issue
EHSI layout
Fuel consumption with engines off
TCAS issue
USA flag turned around in some liveries
Autopilot pitch knob adjusted
Some tooltips showing wrong information
Flap mouse manipulation issue
Other minor issues

Improvements
N1 reference box implemented
Gear unlocked light implemented
Flight dynamics improved in climb
Climb, takeoff, landing and other new information added to the Performance document

Looks like allot of Bert's modifications are included in SP2.

I see they did not add Janek's Altimeter InHg mod.

Ray

I see they did not add Janek's Altimeter InHg mod.

Ray

Ray,

Is the altimeter mod posted somewhere? I can not find anything on it searching "altimeter" in the forum. Thanks for any help.

Joe

Joe Lorenc

Ray,

Is the altimeter mod posted somewhere? I can not find anything on it searching "altimeter" in the forum. Thanks for any help.

Joe

The Altimeter mod for InHg showed up in one of JanekBin's mod, I'm sure it is in V1.3. (Top Pic)

I would like to see an ASI mod to show digital knots and digital mach. Similar to this one. (bottom pic)

Regards,

Ray

Altimeter mod.jpg

S550_ ASI_ray.jpg

Is it safe to instal this SP on top of Berts Mod`s, will it affect his outstanding work. B)

tpewpb-6.png

Is it safe to instal this SP on top of Berts Mod`s, will it affect his outstanding work. B)

There are some conflicts. When the mods settle down, maybe we can get Bert and Janek to sit down over a couple of beers and come up with the Best of the Best.

Regards,

Ray

You can install SP2, and then disable my mods by renaming or removing the gauge folders in your panel folder.

If you would like any of my stuff back, re-enable the folder..  I know, this is cumbersome..

Not quite sure if I am going to bother.. it might take more than a couple of beers.

Another way, is to have multiple panel folders, one with my mods, one without.

For example, called panel,  panel.SP2, and panel.GTN

In the aircraft.cfg file, have one paint with panel=   , one with panel=SP2,  and one with panel=GTN

Call them anything you want.

Bert

I have a hybrid of the three - SP2, Bert's Famous Mods, and Janek's Mods v1.3

I chose to have texture 1 belong to Janek, Texture 2 plane belongs to Ray, Texture 6 belongs to Bert and My T-47 belongs to Carenado SP2. That way I can look at the exterior color and know which mods I am flying with at the moment. This lets me switch between mods (by switching planes) very quickly.

The conflicts have to do with the AP, EADI, VSI and clickspots for popups mostly. Janek has a totally new EHSI with new buttons along the bottom. He is also working on some of the gauges like the Altimeter fix and the digital Airspeed. Janek is on vacation for a week or so and maybe we can figure out what he has before he comes up with v1.4. ha.

Some of Bert's Famous Mods are now included with SP2 so it will take a little time to figure out what we have. Bottom line is it is getting better and better every day.

One tidbit is to remember that Bert's changes are in folders and Janek's changes are in the Gauges and cabs. So usually the sim will choose the folder first, the CAB second in case of duplicates. (duh, me thinks)

Regards,

Ray

I hope that Janek and Bert will merge their mods one day. Both are great guys who make our citation wayyyyy better. They both have specific mods for each package. You have to pick one package but you know you lose something one the seocnd.

You can install SP2, and then disable my mods by renaming or removing the gauge folders in your panel folder.

If you would like any of my stuff back, re-enable the folder.. I know, this is cumbersome..

Thanks Bert but i`ll leave your mods in, it fly's great as is.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

You can always setup two airplanes, one always up to date with Bert's mods and the other ready to go with Janek's. You can have the GTN and the FMS in the same panel in a 3rd plane if you like.

I would expect there will be a surge in interest in the FMS edition in a couple of weeks when Navigraph is available. And should the VC install kit for the GTN750 show up and leave the MFD intact for on board flight charts with digital checklists scrolling by on the MFD we will have what marketing calls a 'Sensible Citation'.

The potential for very pleasurable flying low and slow and high and fast with modern up to date nav data at our fingertips could be just around the corner.

Regards,

Ray

I hope that Janek and Bert will merge their mods one day.

They already have......  Bert's mods are included in Janek's current v1.3 of his mod.   Obviously not Bert's GTN750 mod, as you wouldn't have a GTN in there at the same time as the (ISG) FMC.

But all Bert's AP improvements are included in Janek's latest mod version now.

Me, I'm going to pass this SP2.  I've lost confidence in Carenado's updates a little, and doubt whether they listen or take note of the feedback we email them.

My S550 is flying fantastically now, thanks to Berts and Janek's work.  

"Why fix it, if it ain't broke?"

The only thing I'm really interested in from Carenado for this aircraft, is a native model update that puts the (full size) F1 GTN750 into the panel.

They already have...... Bert's mods are included in Janek's current v1.3 of his mod. Obviously not Bert's GTN750 mod, as you wouldn't have a GTN in there at the same time as the (ISG) FMC.

But all Bert's AP improvements are included in Janek's latest mod version now.

Well, some are included but not most and for sure not all of them. You can't have both of their popups and VSI type changes at the same time. The EADI also has a few choices to make, but maybe Janek's v 1.4 will get them a little closer. Bert goes for the mouse wheel and Janek opts for press and hold and so it goes. One likes the Annuc panel and one don't, etc.

The AP is a lot smarter now than it was, for sure. Janek is taking the ESHI and MFD coupled with the ISG1 to a whole new level. VNAV and LNAV with Navigraph data in an H D corporate jet is on just everyone's wish list. Now if we just had that VC install kit for the GTN750. . . .

Craig,

I don't know why you wouldn't want to have both the ISG1 and the GTN750 installed at the same time. I think is is the most practical of all the options. Big screen online and in the panel electronic charts to supplement the FMS is very practical and desired by many, including me.

Cessna did exactly that with the center mounted MFD screen in the Primus 1000 about ten years after the S/II and in the CJ1+. Both the FMS and GTN can co-exist just fine.

Regards,

Ray