Sign in to follow this  
dwest185

Unhandled exception error when trying to add another ATC voice

Hello,

This is a wonderful program, it was exactly what I was looking for--great job on it! However, I am running the trail version 1.4.0.10 on Windows 7 and I have downloaded some free voice packs; they show up in the settings under ATC voices but when I select any one other than Microsoft Anna I get the following error:

Capture.jpg

Hi.

The error message indicates the voice is not installed correctly or has been disabled.  That is probably a Windows issue.  Pilot2ATC only reads a list from Windows of the installed voices and loads that list into the drop-down boxes.

I've not been able to find any good free voices for Win7.  Perhaps someone on the forum here has had more luck.

I was able to install additional language packs in Win 8 and get the default voices from those packs to remain installed, even after removing the language packs to save space.

I also had some luck with payware voices from Iona.  Any of the newer windows voices should work, but I do realize they are not cheap.

Hopefully someone else on the forum has some experience installing voices on Windows 7.

Dave