Sign in to follow this  
lukeh08

PMDG 747 CTD when selected

Hi all,

I recently installed my PMDG 747, and the installation completed succesfully as normal. And yes, i did pay for this addon. Anyway i started fsx up and it came up with the pmdg options dll thing and pmdg sounds dll thing so i clicked run to all of them. My fsx then crashed repeatedly everytime i clicked run. So, again i decided to reinstall it. I installed it properly with no issues and then i loaded up fsx, cli ked run to all the safety warnings and to my delight, it came up with the free flight menu as normal. So, i thought i was getting somewher, and i then clicked the select aircraft menu, chose the 747 rr engine model, and i clicked okay. Once again, my flight sim crashed to the desktop. Ive been in touch with pmdg, they told me to follow the instructions on one of the forums they did, and once again i got a ctd. Ive looked around other forums and tried everything, however this is pushing me to breaking point. My 777 doesnt do this!

These are my pc specs:

Amd dual core 3.9ghz a4-300, 500gb hd, 2gb gt610 asus silent edition graphics card, 6 gb ram, and my operating system is on windows 10 technical preview (ive tested this before ages ago and it worked on windows 10 for the record!)

Thanks for your time and if you need files or something please feel free to ask.

Luke

Check the AVSIM CTD Guide and download the AppCrashView and provide the results of the last crash here.

When you installed the PMDG 747, did you right click the install program and select Run as Administrator.

Is FSX installed in the default folder or in a separate folder like C:/FSX?  See page 9 of the AVSIM CTD Guide on how to properly install FSX.

Was any anti-virus program turned off during the installation? 

Were the User Access Controls disabled before installation? (page 6, CTD Guide)(http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-turn-off-and-disable-uac-in-windows-10/)

When you start up FSX, did you start up with Administrator Rights?  You can make sure this is done permanently everytime you startup FSX by going to the main FSX folder, right click on fsx.exe and select Properties.  Select the compatibility tab and make sure you have Administrative Privileges checked for ALL users.

Make sure you have Sharing privileges too set (see page 9 of the AVSIM CTD Guide).  You can also Take Ownership of the FSX folder (instructions also on page 9).

If you have the uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder, move it to a temporary folder and see if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When i installed the 747 im pretty sure i did click run as aministrator, however i will uninstall and try again and make sure i click run as administrator. 

I installes fsx onto D:/Fsx as i dont have enough space on my C: drive.

My anti virus was turned off during the insstallation

My UAC controls were disables during the installation

I havnt tried starting it up with administrator rights yet but i will try shortly

Ill check to see if i have sharing privilages or ownerahip shortly

And i dont have th3 uiautomationcore.dll in my main folder, welli dont even have that installed.

Thank you for your reply firehawk44

Luke

And i dont have th3 uiautomationcore.dll in my main folder, welli dont even have that installed.

The uiautomationcore.dll is part of the Microsoft.net packages and this dll provides memory management for your applications.  Some have place an older version in the FSX folder thinking this will resolve their crash problems and, instead, it could be causing an incompatibility with the uiautomationcore.dll modules installed in later versions of Microsoft.net.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, so should i locate it and put it into my fsx folder?

Luke

Ive just reinstalled the 747 as an administrator, and just started fsx as an administrator, on the startup of fsx i get an error message now saying something like 

Error

(Big red cross here) Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: PMDGSounds Dynamic Link Libary

Version: 10,0,61355,17

Company:PMDG

File: PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future blah blah blah

Yes           No   《------ both seperate buttons

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!!

installing it as admin and then running fsx as admin worked !!!!!

Thanks for all your help firehawk!!

Luke

(Big red cross here) Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: PMDGSounds Dynamic Link Libary

Version: 10,0,61355,17

Company:PMDG

File: PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

You should definitely state you want to run this software.  These are the User Access Controls in your computer system which is trying to protect you from evil, evil people who try to install something in your computer without your approval.  It is most important that you tell your computer that the PMDGSounds can be trusted.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ok, i know this isnt the best of places to put this, however im new to all this and was lucky to figure pit how to post my previous problem.

I just installed a thai livery on my pmdg 747 and it loaded fine, the outside was fine, and then in the vc there were no FMC in it, and all the pfds were black, this works fine in my default 747 pmdg livery. 

Thanks for the help,

Luke

Dont worry i fixed it. To do this i opened the aircraft.cfg and nlticed the sound and vc was blank, so i entered VC on the end of the vc line and GE on the end of the Sound line

Glad you got your problems fixed.  Hope you can now enjoy flying it!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM