Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Great - looking forward to this!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Thank you very much GSalden. I have been waiting on this. I haven't upgraded to 2.5 yet. Still being hard headed and holding out. I think a new install will be useful being I have added a bunch of junk to my P3D. This go around I think I will keep it simple. Only install airplanes I fly and none that just sit in the hanger. Waiting on PMDG to get the beloved C-40 out for P3D and I will be all good then. Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

I don't know about the simplicity of 2.5 integration,but i cannot use my purchased live traffic,I have to use the 2012 schedule,or I get crashes.

Jim,

I also have Live. I was using 5.4c. I had regular crashes. I also have 5.4b. Installed that and crashes went away.

Used EMT to install. Also use EMT when opening the commumicator.

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

There you are! Sorry, I couldn't remember of the top of my head who the My T beta tester that posted here was.

That's good news.

The models will be native for P3D or the usual already used for FSX?

I've asked the author this same question before. He uses Gmax to create the aircraft models but he didn't say whether he recompiled them specifically with the P3d SDK.

As an early adopter of P3D pleasing to hear I can look forward to  pensioning off yet another dead-in-the-water prog in the shape of UT2 ... more power to Burkhard's elbow! ....

Will the models be updated to look more like planes and not a model put together by a four year old? No offense, but they do look pretty bad!

Will the models be updated to look more like planes and not a model put together by a four year old? No offense, but they do look pretty bad!

My Traffic has an option to set the detail level of the AI aircraft models. Here's some examples of the models from V6:

http://forum.simflight.com/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-108-0-02187600-1422648393_thumb.png

I got included in the closed beta as well. Really great product. With the free traffic limiter app, you can really crank things up and keep good fps/fluidity

Was wondering the same thing. However, keep in mind the ever-present tradeoff: better models = more VAS and worse performance. I think this tradeoff is duly applicable to an AI program...

This go around I think I will keep it simple. Only install airplanes I fly and none that just sit in the hanger.

With you on that.  Same goes for scenery, utilities, etc.  Am aiming for a basic setup that I can reinstall if needed without days and days of pain and effort.

Sorry for the OT... Re: MyTraffic 6, looking forward to it hugely.  Have always been fine with the models - they can be a bit jarring at airports but I don't spend much time looking at them at airports, and the performance tradeoffs against the model quality are more than OK with me.  Grateful also for the variety of traffic - living and flying in the Washington DC area, I need my military guys airborne.

Am not sure if I'll hold out for V6 or set up 5.4 in the meantime.  Hope the beta testers can keep us posted about their progress to some degree.  But am sure to pick up v6 as soon as it's out.

I'm thinking of buying 6 as well.

UT2 models look great but it is so much work to keep it manually updated and replace all the bad default Liveries. Also many missing airlines like Qantaslink or even FedEx is missing.

I hope MyTraffic 6 is able to give me the all the airlines with correct aircraft and no manual work involved.

For the lower quality models compared to UT2 - has anyone measured the VAS and confirmed they do indeed use less memory? Are they actually smaller textures or is it just the design people don't like?

I'll certainly buy MyTraffic 6 when it's available for P3D.  But one good aspect of UT2 is that it did run as an EXE on it's own thread so that helps out with VAS a little ... I would agree there needs to be model quality variants to pick from.  Some like less traffic but higher detailed models, some like more traffic but lower detail, some want both and side dish of OOM.  But providing model quality options I think is an important part of a Traffic product.

However, I sympathize with those having to make all the models, and repeat the produce for each quality variant -- that's A LOT of work for a small market.

Cheers, Rob.

I'll certainly buy MyTraffic 6 when it's available for P3D.  But one good aspect of UT2 is that it did run as an EXE on it's own thread so that helps out with VAS a little ... I would agree there needs to be model quality variants to pick from.  Some like less traffic but higher detailed models, some like more traffic but lower detail, some want both and side dish of OOM.  But providing model quality options I think is an important part of a Traffic product.

However, I sympathize with those having to make all the models, and repeat the produce for each quality variant -- that's A LOT of work for a small market.

Cheers, Rob.

Actually you can modify UT2 to use only new models and flight plans and

actually using only the gui and the exe process which inject the traffic :-)

Powertools is where the magic can happen :-) Hence even complete WOAI files for example can be translated back to UT2...

André