Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

I look forward to seeing the release announcement on the front page of Avsim soon. :Applause:

I'm fine with waiting and look forward to it's arrival on P3D "officially".

Cheers, Rob.

Granted it's only one screenshot so far, but the models/repaints still look like they've come from FS2000. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If you don't like the default My T models and repaints, use FAIB's models  and repaints with My T and get 5 FPS.

But they sure look nice.

I use all of the FAIB models, they look AND run great.

The big question, will this new version use real world routes? Will I see other planes buzzing by me due to crowded airways? Will they follow the recommended SID/STARs? One of the things I always like about UT2 is that it wasn't just injecting traffic into the SIM following some random routes. Does this traffic manager do that?

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

That add-on is designed to work with My Traffic and I can test to the fact that it does make AI Aircraft follow SIDS and STARS at major airports. Sit at any airport and observe how planes approach and leave. It's quite realistic.

As to the high level jetway routing, it seems to do a better job than either FSX or P3d, but it doesn't work exactly like the real world, probably because of limitations within each sim.

I use all of the FAIB models, they look AND run great.

Do you mind if I ask how you did this? My Traffic 5 has 4000+ liveries and I gave up after just replacing the 737-700. The FAIB aircraft do look nice, but unless one flies in and out of only a few airports, replacing the models is a lot of work. It probably makes more sense in UT2, which appears to have been abandoned by its author.

Do you mind if I ask how you did this?

I've always stuck to the freeware, collecting my AI setup over the past 10 years. The plans and liveries are as accurate and up to date as I can get. Swapping out livery assignments is pretty simple when editing custom plans by hand or using AIFP. I'm not sure how it works in MyTraffic.

In My Traffic it's simple but tedious. For example with SWA, they only fly 737s, so I downloaded all the FAIB models and paints. Then I just edited the My T B737 aircraft.cfg files to replace the models and paints. It works but it also killed my performance at airports like Chicago Midway and BWI.

aircraft.cfg

EDIT: or sim.cfg if that is what is present. For some reason I couldn't edit that last post.

Here's a comparison:

B737-700 FAIB:

B737-700%20FAIB.jpg

B737-800 My Traffic:

B737-800%20My%20T.jpg

At the same AI LOD, the models don't appear to be all that different but the paints are a bit better on the FAIB version.

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk as one loses official support for My Traffic by changing the AI models and associated paints. Personally, I don't think that the improvement is worth the effort.

• Upvote 1

Oh they appear VERY different. I'll gladly take the hit in performance. Ouch..