Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

If they perform well and don't use up all my VAS, then I can live with pooh AI models.

Agree.  And another advantage for MyTraffic from my provincial (DC area) perspective - military AI.  Helps my local skies look right... and helps the atmosphere when I fly those not-quite-real Janet missions out of KADW... B)

Glynn, if you are accusing someone don't you thing that some explanation and evidence would be helpful? And for your information, I own a copy of MyTraffic and I am also very likely going to buy the new version.

Hans

Glynn, if you are accusing someone don't you thing that some explanation and evidence would be helpful?

I am not accusing you, you did that all by yourself by admitting to using the package.

###ai is made up of freeware models used without the original modellers consent, this is well documented and a quick Google will reveal all you need to know,

But to help you out please read this and decide for yourself if you are comfortable supporting this group. http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=n4o4qbilgj5rf5qbbnos063525&topic=15318.0

Glynn, thanks for the link. I didn't read about this before. For me the package was just another WOAI just easier to use. And no, I do not feel comfortable supporting such activities, I do respect the author's rights. So maybe we can even agree more that we need MyTraffic V6 now.

Hans

Cheers, Rob.

Well Rob you know I am all about the visual quality - take care

Rich Sennett

I'm with Rich on this one. Hate to say it but we all try so hard to make P3d look good only to see those AI models?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

MyTrafficX works fine in my V2.5 P3D so am wondering why I should buy the new version. I'm not really interested in other aircraft around me unless they're on a collision course :P

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

MyTrafficX works fine in my V2.5 P3D so am wondering why I should buy the new version. I'm not really interested in other aircraft around me unless they're on a collision course :P

That's a good question. From what I can tell, here's what you will get with version 6 (but I could be wrong):

1. 2015 schedules for all commercial flights, worldwide

2. New AI aircraft models for aircraft missing in version 5. If you don't like the present LOD in My T Pro 5, most of the existing models and paints are supposedly unchanged.

3. ~ 4,000 revised airports worldwide, but the changes are strictly to increase gate capacity.

4. An installer that works with P3d 2.5, FSX and FSX-SE.

5. New liveries for many airlines.

I've noticed a few people here complaining about the quality of the AI models and liveries in My Traffic Pro 5. I admit that some of the models don't look as good as others that are out there as freeware, for example the FAIB 737. But most of the My T 5 models are at least acceptable unless one wants to get right on top of them and spend time gazing at AI aircraft. I mean, who does that? The trade off is that with My T Pro, every livery is available for every model of every plane flown by every airline.

Now, I know that there are people here who are very proud of how they have spent years replicating what a commercial package like My T Pro 5 can do with AI aircraft and that's laudable. But the average flight sim user wants a turnkey solution, one that doesn't require constant tinkering.

I have MyTraffic3D Pro working in P3D2.5 and will purchase the upgrade license to version 6 out of respect for and gratitude to the developer, Burkhard Renk who continues to support the flight simming community after many years and I suspect has expenses like the rest of us.

Cheers,

Clayton

I have MyTraffic3D Pro working in P3D2.5 and will purchase the upgrade license to version 6 out of respect for and gratitude to the developer, Burkhard Renk who continues to support the flight simming community after many years and I suspect has expenses like the rest of us.

Cheers,

Clayton

+1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

For me, it's all about performance. If it does lead to a lower fps impact than WOAI, I can accept less detailed models and then I will buy the package. If not, then I will not buy. Very easy. Looking forward to the first benchmarks...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Cheers,

Clayton

+1

John

Excellent news!  Thank you for sharing.

Cheers, Rob.

Awesome news - thanks Mike!