Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Great video - thanks for taking the time to share it Rob

Rich Sennett

You can blame DTG for the TrafficDataBasebuilder stuff. They didn't include it with FSX-SE. It's not a big issue though, since it is only needed to create new schedules, which most people are not likely to do.

would not even consider getting FSX_SE

Is this better than JFTraffic360 ?

I also disabled the sound folder for JFTraffic360 as these were hideous

I ported that over to P3D then manually disabled native AI

the models lack smoothness, have angled curvature

I now have MyTraffic V6 and I like it far more than JF360

Sounds are best, fps not bad at all, smooth models

My point is that the confusion over that entry in the MyT Pro configuration app is because FSX-SE is missing a file from its SDK. It obviously has no bearing on P3d users except to generate questions. I sympathize with 3rd party developers that have to put up with an ever increasing number of inconsistencies among the ESP sims.

Nevermind - fixed my problem. Was just me being silly :P

Admin please delete the post.

Please tell us how you fixed the problem.

Please tell us how you fixed the problem.

There was no problem. I just misunderstood something. Works just fine. :)

Anyone that has UT2 and now MYT 6  - how is the performance between the two - hoping to hear that MYT 6 is better on performance

Rich Sennett

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how to I disable moving jetways and ground animations?  I go to configure MyTraffic option and the only selection I get is localize MyTraffic.  I'm using Prepar3D 2.5.

There was no problem. I just misunderstood something. Works just fine. :)

The reason I ask is I am having the same misunderstanding and have not figured it out yet.

I haven't done any VAS testing, performance seems better than UT2.

The installation/setup is frankly pretty horrible, as is the documentation, and the user interface is poor, very poor.

It has definitely impacted P3D startup time.  As indicated earlier, you'll need to remove the MyTraffic 6 .BGLs for those 3rd party airports you own or else you'll end up with building in the middle of taxi ways, etc.

But it delivers the meat once you get it sorted.  The price to content ratio is good and I hope I never have to open the user interface again.

Cheers, Rob.

I haven't done any VAS testing, performance seems better than UT2.

Nice review Rob good to know

Rich Sennett

Nice review Rob

Just my quick opinion, not really a review.

Cheers, Rob.

Read about were to place it in your scenery and you should be fine without bgl editing/deleting. :wink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Read about were to place it in your scenery and you should be fine without bgl editing/deleting. :wink:

I placed it below all of my addon airports and still had the issue.  I did as Rob suggested and just deleted the .bgl's in the My Traffic folder.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11