Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

I bought it , i hope it won't have a very high impact on VAS like UT2 did

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

....., you'll need to remove the MyTraffic 6 .BGLs for those 3rd party airports you own or else you'll end up with building in the middle of taxi ways, etc.

I put MyTraffic scenery.cfg entry way low just above bathymetry

This way I am hoping to avoid this problem as I only go to detailed airports.

So far so good

allen

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how to I disable moving jetways and ground animations?

look in \MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\ there you will find Manage_Aircraft_Config.exe and also Adjust_AI_Sounds.exe

I did as Rob suggested and just deleted the .bgl's in the My Traffic folder.

Never delete, just move or rename them to .xxx

Splash screen loading time is quite a bit longer for me.  Anyone else notice this?

Ryan

How well does MT6 work with P3D v2.5? and has it been fully optimized for P3D yet or still in beta stages?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Splash screen loading time is quite a bit longer for me.  Anyone else notice this?

Yes that's normal.

In fsx it was a longer load time when you started flight, in P3D it seems just the start up.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Splash screen loading time is quite a bit longer for me. Anyone else notice this?

It will be, you are now loading a lot more traffic.

I believe someone chalked this up to simmconnect.

No, it is because you are now loading 201 ai aircraft instead of the handful of default ai along with a lot of updated afcads and flightplans.

The issue with simconnect is that Ezdok can time out because it cannot connect within 10 sec because of this increased loading time. something for the Ezdok programmer to sort out.

No, it is because you are now loading 201 ai aircraft instead of the handful of default ai along with a lot of updated afcads and flightplans.

The issue with simconnect is that Ezdok can time out because it cannot connect within 10 sec because of this increased loading time. something for the Ezdok programmer to sort out.

Interesting - did not know that - never had this problem with UT2 - thinking MT has a ton more models than UT2

Rich Sennett

Interesting - did not know that - never had this problem with UT2

Richard, That is because UT2 injects the traffic after the sim has loaded via simconnect

Richard, That is because UT2 injects the traffic after the sim has loaded via simconnect

Ah nice - thank you

Rich Sennett

It has definitely impacted P3D startup time.

I've never found that a flight start up delay to be more than 10 seconds, but  I like yourself are using an SSD  for the sim files. It takes time to load all that AI Traffic. Some of that sluggishness is P3d also updating a large number of files found at:

C:\Users\Ray\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects

for no good reason.   These folders and files contain data that keeps track of things like Hobbs Meter time, etc..You'd think by now that this problem and the endless delay when you try to change the user's aircraft as P3d parses through all the SimObject folders listed in SimObjects.cfg, would have both been fixed by now by LM. For some reason P3d also ignores the Aircraft Dialog's "Favorites" setting which doesn't stick from use to use.

My T Pro has the most diversity of models and liveries of any AI traffic add on, so it is going to take a while for these things to happen. As an aside here, P3d is also treating the various VRS TacPack components as user flyable aircraft. I've never seen this happen in FSX or FSX-SE.

The load time increases mainly due to the number of entries in all of the various aircraft.cfg's added from the AI aircraft. Once a traffic bgl or afcad/ade has been loaded once the subsequent load times aren't affected.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

so whats the conclusion of MT6? better then UT2 ?

I've used both, and as for someone that flies mainly civil and military MT6 hands down is my go to option since for airliners I don't care much what they do but love the well done GA and Military traffic in MT6.  The other thing I like is that MT6 is much better at laying out the aircraft correctly at the airports (cargo in cargo section, ga, airliners, mil, etc...)  UT2 just seems to throw them wherever, many times putting airliners on the GA ramp and such.  

I own Traffic360, MyTraffic6, and Ultimate Traffic 2 and MyTraffic 6 is the one I come back to every time.  

Oh and I can't stand that for UT2 when entering a menu resets all object injection...very immersion killing.

Also now that I have VRS F-18 it has given me a ton of fun test targets with MT6