Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

MT6 is pretty powerful ... it's got the meat, it's just the UI presentation and updated documentation that's lacking.

a UI which is seldom used/ nor required   (by moi anyways)

al

....just simply enjoy the air traffic in airport....

exactly

with UT2 I would taxi out and arrive first in line, albeit there was some traffic around compared to barren JF360

Thanks for the video, Rob. I just might purchase this. I'm a WoAI/AIG guy but as my life gets busier, I find I am having less time to update my AI. The MyTraffic v6 models are not as nice but I don't think they look all that bad either. There are tradeoffs with everything in this hobby. Right now my biggie is time, so I'm willing to give up some visual quality for better performance and more time to enjoy this hobby when I get the opportunity.

Cheers,

Todd

It seems that the early reviews of MT6 are a bit disappointing.

There's been a couple of references to World of AI in this thread. So, here's a couple of shots from default EGCC with 100% WOAI traffic (I usually just fly with 20% traffic, no noticable loss in FPS)

Like someone said earlier... "whatever you're happy with" :)

YLCQuUh.jpg

8cl46NU.jpg

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Does WOAI correct the parking codes, not sure if it comes with corrected afcads as I have never tried it.

Just did a flight to EIDW the home of Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

MY6 set at 30% (real world level)

80% of all the Ryanair parking placers taken up with Ryanair and Aer Lingus were they should be.

Its seems to put everything where it should be and in the right placers.

Am done, am very happy.

Man them default airports look so bad. Well  "whatever you're happy with"  :smile: 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Man them default airports look so bad. Well  "whatever you're happy with"  :smile: 

Haha! you're right.

The only advantages default airports have are VAS, FPS and Value for Money...you know, the not so important things for a flight sim ;)

Neil Andrews.

The only advantages default airports have are VAS, FPS and Value for Money...you know, the not so important things for a flight sim ;)

:BigGrin:  :smile:

I have to fly from addon airport to addon airport. Just cannot use default. Makes my eyes bleed  :BigGrin:

Neil your photo reminds me of Alex Higgins.  :good:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Neil your photo reminds me of Alex Higgins.

Hopefully in his younger years Dave! :)

As for the airports, I admit that some of the payware ones look amazing and I'm always a tad bit disappointed when I'm stuck with the default. But I bought the Zinertek HD Textures and bumped up the AI, so that's a good compromise for me. I'm just afraid of getting caught in the trap of only flying between airports I've paid for.

Saying that though, I recently started using the ORBX global freeware airports and I'd say they were almost payware quality. But now they're at the back of my mind every time I fly somewhere else  :ph34r:

Anyhow, sorry for the off topic! carry on...  :lol:

Neil Andrews.

After some searching for a setting on this, I've noticed that a great deal of the traffic in MT6 isn't showing up on my GTN750 or 650. I'm using 25% airline, 35% GA and have tested this from-KAVP-KABE-KLOM-KPHL-KPNE-KJFK-KGFL-N30. In other words a diverse mix of ga-exec-international areas, and traffic on the gtn is much more sparse than the busy new York/Philly airspace. P3d 2.5.

no noticable loss in FPS

That's what I thought with WoAI as well Neil...until I installed MT and realized the performance hit I was taking all along with the WoAI FS9 models.

until I installed MT and realized the performance hit

Thanks for the info Dylan, I'll keep an eye on this thread and make a decision before the sale is over :)

Neil Andrews.

25% airline

That's a bit low. Recently the author Burkhard posted that because of the changes in the schedule, he was suggesting a bit higher target than 30-40% for commercial AI traffic. Try 50% and see what you get.

That's what I thought with WoAI as well Neil...until I installed MT and realized the performance hit I was taking all along with the WoAI FS9 models.

I have WoAI installed on my FSX-SE installation and I've found two things out about it. First, it does drag performance down a lot because of the  models. Second it periodically causes FSX-SE to crash for me. I have no idea why. I tried uninstalling it and the crashes disappeared. Then with a reinstall, they came back. I honestly don't care about fixing it, because I was only using FSX-SE because there was no TacPack version for P3d. Now that there is on, I'm thinking of uninstalling FSX-SE.

I have WoAI installed on my FSX-SE installation and I've found two things out about it. First, it does drag performance down a lot because of the  models.

Like with any addon these days, some will have more impact than others. We all know that a mediocre looking scenery or aircraft addon will have far less impact on the system compared to those of higher quality models and liveries. Here too is exactly the same thing, of course it's going to run somewhat better. Image quality wise it is similar to default airports compared to those from Flightbeam or FlyTampa.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes it does ... a lot more.

So what's up with Aerosoft's EGLL?  Other than it doesn't like Orbx.  After dialing settings way down I'm able squeeze out 20 fps locked (with or without MT6).

Anyone know of any BGLs I can disable for Aerosoft's EGLL?

Well got with the NGX and UT2 (heavily customized) at 40% and Aerosoft EGLL 35 fps (locked external) on approach and 26 fps at the gate...

and moving around average of 32 fps

It's my main test area to tweak an installation...

Autogen and buildings at normal level...

Maybe your screen resolution?

André

Got me. When running Aerosoft EGLL together with Orbx England (which I only did once), I also had to disable the airport BGLs from Orbx England. Otherwise, I had duplicate buildings as well. Sorry, I forgot this one. However, since I deactivate Orbx England anyways (together they are a nightmare for VAS) when using Aerosoft's EGLL, this is not a problem. To get decent performance at EGLL I usually dial down building autogen to sparse.

Hi there,

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, but I use ORBX England and Aerosoft's EGLL. This is what I have noted to delete/rename:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL
ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL
FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.bgl

If I don't do these I have duplicate Concorde etc.

Question to you and Rob: Is there anything else I should be deleting/renaming?

Also thread relevant comment:

Looks like I'll be buying MT6 whilst it's on special, unless there are any other P3Dv2 compatible traffic add-ons on the horizon?

KR

Simon