Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

I managed to get it up and running yesterday after some hiccups - I'm a MyTraffic veteran but still found the interface hard to work with, I think because of a couple of new steps and because since I moved to P3D I've been hand-installing earlier versions, not using the communicator.  Still, the installation process was more of a workout than I wanted it to be, and I agree with the criticisms of the interface - it could really use some work.

Things that caught me out - noted because they might be useful to somebody else: 1) had no traffic at first because the edit to the simobject.cfg failed to save (not sure why, but check the file to make sure the edit actually "takes") and 2) I initially had default traffic because I failed to select "disable default traffic" in the "manage P3D" menu.  Disabling default traffic used to be an automated step, so even when reading through the install instructions, I managed to miss it the first time.  Moving too fast, possibly.

Performance seems fine at low levels of traffic (20 percent on both sliders).  I had some severe stutters at first, but I think these were related to my new UTX USA 2.1 installation, not MyTraffic.  I cured them by adjusting some UTX settings and locking frames at 33.  

Will report back if I find anything else surprising or exciting or entertaining...

This is a real balancing act performance vs visuals. But heres the thing. We spend alot of money on hardware, and on addons because we want an enhanced experience to the default for better visuals.  Heck alot of shots especially with 4k are stunning.  But these screenshots of the AI seem quite default looking to me.  The ony difference is that there is obviously more variety in the liveries. I used to use traffic programs and then got introduced to custom AI.  I havnt looked back since.

Custom work in any hobby beats manufactured hands down just about anytime.  For AI its a little more work, but well worth it to see customization at your favorite airports and have awesome looking models in great detail.  I havnt noticed a huge difference in VAS and performance hit and I run them with 70% most times with a little reduction at major centers.  But again its a real balancing act. I would hate to fly in to an airport that had pretty darn good visuals the whole flight only to be met with AI models that look very simplistic especially at a quality payware airport. Would kinda ruin the experience.   Anyhow those are only my opinions of all this. to each thier own.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

.............     But these screenshots of the AI seem quite default looking to me.  T

AI is like clouds to me. I dont fly the clouds nor the AI so they are kept in the corner of the eye sorta speek

That way, lesser quality than WOAI yet better than JF360 satisfies my ignorance

For AI its a little more work, but well worth it to see customization at your favorite airports
Something to keep you occupied into the wee hours of the morning...for months on end :P

Although I do have a few favourite FBOs, I fly between too many airports for this to be a realistic proposition in my case (and for many others I suspect).

I would be great if someone made a video tutorial on howo to install and use :)

As far as I understand, MyTraffic installs into its own directory outside of the Prepar3d directory, correct? Does MyTraffic place ANY files into the Prepar3d directory? I'm really on the fence about giving MyTraffic a try, but I'm really scared to mess up my installation with an AI product. So I would be pleased to hear that it doesn't touch the Prepar3d directory, except for the required changes to the relevant .cfg files...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

No Carlo the only thing is an entry in your scenery cfg. to link it.  I have it installed on a different SSD no were close to P3D install :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

So I would be pleased to hear that it doesn't touch the Prepar3d directory, except for the required changes to the relevant .cfg files...

Doesn't touch the directory.  To remove it, it would be enough to delete the reference in the simobjects.cfg, though you might also want to delete its entry in the scenery library.  So one step or two to remove it.  Oh, one more thing - if in setting it up, you've inactivated your default AI (by renaming the trafficaircraft.bgl), you can reactivate it by restoring the original name.  That's it.

EDIT: Dave (NyxxUK) beat me to it...

No Carlo the only thing is an entry in your scenery cfg. to link it. I have it installed on a different SSD no were close to P3D install :)

Doesn't touch the directory. To remove it, it would be enough to delete the reference in the simobjects.cfg, though you might also want to delete its entry in the scenery library. So one step or two to remove it. Oh, one more thing - if in setting it up, you've inactivated your default AI (by renaming the trafficaircraft.bgl), you can reactivate it by restoring the original name. That's it.

Thanks David and Alan for the quick response! So I guess, I will give it a try on the weekend...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

BTW, just to clarify - I have BOTH default AI and MYT6 active and see both with no apparent issues.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

BTW, just to clarify - I have BOTH default AI and MYT6 active and see both with no apparent issues.

Yes, this is worth noting.  In earlier versions, MT would automatically disable default IT by renaming the trafficaircraft.bgl on installation.  MT6 leaves it active unless you disable it manually via a menu selection under "manage P3D settings."  So leaving them both in place is an option.

I have BOTH default AI and MYT6 active and see both with no apparent issues.

Curious why you would still want the default Ai active

No reason - just didn't turn it off. Looks fine and my performance is the same.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm fine with waiting and look forward to it's arrival on P3D "officially".

Cheers, Rob.

Any Idea on how create a traffic package  with out going one by one...just a package? at any airport?...very confuse here just got V6 and about request refund....

Thanks

just got V6 and about request refund....

Why?.... maybe we can help if you are having problems with v6