Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Don't reinstall..waste of time..you have to disable .bgl files in your MyTraffic scenery folder  of the affected 3rd party airports. It was discussed a few pages back.

This was true of Version 5 also. Basically with the default sim's airport, the My T Pro version and the 3rd party version, the exclusions get messed up. Your suggestion fixes the problem. The developer app "Airport Scanner" is great for finding these issues associated with multiple airports.

There is no drawback to renaming the My T Pro version from bgl to off , as the 3rd party airport will have more than enough of the proper sized gates and parking spots to accommodate all the AI traffic.

Hi Folks,

my thoughts after running MT6 in P3D 2.4 for a few days: never ever without it !!

I used MT 2013 and afterwards WOAI before, and had to set the traffic density to 50-60% to see sufficient amount of traffic at my home airport (EDDV).

With MT6 I set my density to 20% and there is more traffic than before.  The plane models are fine in my opinion, and probably due to the lower density settings no problems with FPS/VAS.

So I am very happy with it and the price is very decent, too.

Just my 2 cents,

Tris

------------------------------------------------------

Tristan Abyss

With MT6 I set my density to 20% and there is more traffic than before. The plane models are fine in my opinion, and probably due to the lower density settings no problems with FPS/VAS.

Thanks for the feedback! How is the performance relative to WOAI? The WOAI plane models are much more detailed so I would hope that performance of MT6 is a little better???

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I run 30% and that's a great level for EGLL but all the med size airports 30% seems to high. Also If I use ATC i cannot get a word in some times there is that much chat. 

Think I will try 20%, with FSX and MT5 I used 10% and I always thought that was fine. 20% Might be the sweet point for  me!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@ Carlo: I had no problems with the performance, but I use Air Traffic Manager as well. That cuts a lot of VAS, too, i think.

By the way: this Air Traffic Manager is in my opinion THE must have and freeware winner of the year !!!

@ David: Yes, getting the right sec to be able to talk to ATC can be difficult.  :lol:

And those long lines before the runways..... :ph34r:

Greetings,

Tris

I'm currently using WOAI and will be moving to MT6 within a day or two so can post some comparisons if you can wait that long. Unless of course someone else takes up the gauntlet in the mean time.

20% Might be the sweet point for me!

I think it very much depends where one flies. During the last couple of days I flew across northern Scandinavia and Russia, and even set at 50% I hardly got any traffic, never more than one or two aircraft within 100nm, and what there was was mostly military. There were a few sitting around on the ground in places like ULLI. So I'm sure at the mega airports one has to be careful with the traffic slider, but in many regions I'll be operating well above 50% I think.

i got this message at my communicator "TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied

You only need the TrafficDataBasebuilder copied over (from the FSX SDK) Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\ if you want to compile your own flightplans.

To simply display traffic all you need is:

If using P3Dv2.5

1: The MyTraffic directory added to your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg

For example

[Entry.9]

Path="E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

2: Mytraffic directory added to your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Scenery.cfg

the best position for it is just above "propeller objects"

If using FSX, P3D2.4

1: The MyTraffic directory added to your C:\username\glyn\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg

For Example

SimObjectPaths.6="E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

2: Mytraffic directory added to your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg

again the best position for it is just above "propeller objects"

The official Mytraffic support is at http://forum.simflight.com/forum/7-mytraffic-support-forum/ and the developer is very good at supporting his product.

All the tools needed to set this automatically up are in the relevant menu items for each sim within Communicator but it is just as easy if you do it by hand.

Inside the MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Manual\ directory is the installation document  in case you did not read it when you installed, open it up in your browser, it clearly outlines the install process.

if you need anything else just ask or PM me.

Traffic level is interesting.

You only have to watch/look at flightradar24 to see were the traffic really is over, placers like northern Scandinavia and Russia in real life have very little. Over Africa there is almost nothing at most times.

In Normal areas 20%-30% seems about right with Real life, perhaps 40% if you want EGLL at a peak time of day.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Folks,

my thoughts after running MT6 in P3D 2.4 for a few days: never ever without it !!

I used MT 2013 and afterwards WOAI before, and had to set the traffic density to 50-60% to see sufficient amount of traffic at my home airport (EDDV).

With MT6 I set my density to 20% and there is more traffic than before.  The plane models are fine in my opinion, and probably due to the lower density settings no problems with FPS/VAS.

So I am very happy with it and the price is very decent, too.

Just my 2 cents,

Tris

------------------------------------------------------

Tristan Abyss

I agree with this assessment.  More than enough traffic at even 30% setting.  

Pedro - set traffic sliders to 100% and see what you get. If you see AI, then start dropping them down.

Vic

Ok I will today...thanks

It seems that most airlines included have close to or for some over double the fleet size of aircraft. That's the main reason it's so busy on the lower traffic settings. Funny seeing so many airline flights that do one leg for the day and that's it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I know that MT6 has military traffic, so would one of you be willing to check if there's any mil. traffic at Skrydstrup airbase in Denmark (EKSP)? Please.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I finally bought MyTraffic 6 and did a little performance testing relative to WOAI. Here are the results:

I used the same graphics settings, time and date in all scenerios. No weather scheme was used (clear skies). I used Air Traffic Manager to limit the number of AI planes to 50 in order to get a like for like comparison. FPS numbers are averages after 3-5 minutes at the gate

Aerosoft EDDF at Gate B46 in the PMDG 777

WOAI: 35

MT6: 40

At EDDF I can run >200 AI planes at the same performance as WOAI with 70 planes.

Aerosoft EGLL Extended at Gate 555 in the PMDG 777

WOAI: 25

MT6: 30

Drzewiecki KJFK at Gate B26 in the PMDG 777

WOAI: 38

MT6: 38

VAS usage is slightly higher for MT6 (+50Mb). Startup time for Prepar3d v2.5 is now much longer with MT6. But I can live with that. The fact that at least on some airports MT6 gives me a solid performance increase of +5 fps makes me a happy customer. Yes, the visual quality of the models is not as good as in WOAI but I can live with that if I get a performance increase in return. So at the current price, I would say it is definitely a good deal.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

You don't need Traffic Interactive to get working flights/schedules ... use the "MyTraffic FlightPlan Editor" (if it's not on your desktop, it'll be in your program groups) or navigate to the exe -- example: "D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\MyTrafficX.exe"

In the MyTraffic editor do "File | Open" and select MTX_V60.myt.   Wait for a few seconds (or minutes) ... there is not "loading status progress or message or anything" ... just have to wait until it says "Existing Database read" and then lists counts of series, types, planes, etc. 

Now, click on "Create" from Menu and select "Create all traffic/files".

Now you have a form that lets you modify your airline select and year to simulate, DX10 only (I have that checked) ... hit the "Go on!" button.

Now wait ... says it can take up to 5 minutes and once again there is NO indication of progress ... but once it's done you'll see message "Traffic files created ... scenery built ... number of preferences ... etc. etc."

Done.

You don't need to load anything at startup, you don't need any entries in DLL.XML or EXE.XML.  

MyTraffic Interactive is if you just want to manually adjust or set new flights "on the fly" rather than let the AI run the schedules.  Just be aware that 40% AI traffic will fill up most of the gates, I dialed it back to 15-20% (done in P3D AI traffic settings).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob , I am doing everything exactly as u told me and my settings are like this:

Entry.9]  e.g should be the last number in your Simobjects file

Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

Next you need MyTraffic added to your scenery.cfg, this will tell P3D where to load it's own afcads from.

"These afcads contain correct parking spaces that the default afcads do not have. so add the Mytraffic directory using the P3D scenery library function and move the entry just above propeller objects.

Ai traffic is best set between 30-40% in P3D, this will give real world levels of traffic with MyTraffic."........

But I only have AI traffic hen moving the sliders to 30 or 40....the majority  of traffic is Cherokee 180 tons of them and most of then not even in location........what I am missing here I will like a combination or more realistic traffic specially at KSFO ..KLAX (FSDREam)..all I have is cherokees and only few big birds..

Thanks

Pedro

I have Mytraffic6 V6 in C: drive and P3D at G: ssd drive ...windows 8