Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX P3D

Last week, you all got a look at the NGX with some SP1d updates. This week, you get the NGX in P3D.

Today's route was IAD-RDU-DCA to get a couple flights in and test the aircraft on the turn. This picture is on the OJAAY STAR into DCA, and thanks to ASN's newest Beta supporting P3D 2.5, you can even see a little bit of the weather radar in action to the east (and the fact that the wind is absolutely ridiculous at even mid altitudes today).

The main focus of this picture - and the reason I flew the flight with a 12 hour offset - was to show you the shadow play that Carl had written so vividly about when we were testing the 777 in P3D.

So, here ya go:

2015-2-18_22-22-33-546.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Wow that looks amazing!

I love the shadows in Prepar3d, they add a lot to the sim. Can't wait to fly the NGX in P3D!

Ryan, does this mean we'll be able to have Cockpit Shadows in the FSX Version if we use DX10 Fixer?

Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ryan, does this mean we'll be able to have Cockpit Shadows in the FSX Version if we use DX10 Fixer?

I can't really answer to that. I don't use DX10, or the DX10 fixer, and use of either isn't officially supported by us. This screenshot is of P3D, which uses DX11.

Kyle Rodgers

Well its pretty obvious that the boxes around the VC "walls" where somehow removed (in the p3d version), so if it is in the FSX version then we should be able to get shadows.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well its pretty obvious that the boxes around the VC "walls" where somehow removed (in the p3d version), so if it is in the FSX version then we should be able to get shadows.

I'd be careful of asserting what might or might not be obvious. Things might look a certain way, but this is a different sim, with different limitations, which allows us to handle things slightly differently.

Kyle Rodgers

Supberb! The shadows look great and I am really enjoying them in the 777. I made the switch to P3D when PMDG released the 777 for P3D. Its kind of like when I was a teen I went out and bought brand new everything to switch from skiing to snowboarding. I had never tried it before and I just thought I would like it. I was so right I loved it right off the bat. I am betting that P3D will be the next big think just like beta/VHS and HDDVD/Blu-ray! I hope it pays off. There are some aspects that I don't like. I don't like how you can not add scenery while you are in the sim and my P3D doesn't seem to work with my Nvidia 3D glasses. Over all I like it a lot.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

just like beta

That's one I haven't heard in a while.

Pretty sure I have Top Gun on Betamax in a box somewhere. I also found my old The Wall LP when moving stuff around the other day.

Kyle Rodgers

Maybe i missed it but will the p3d version be released with the sp1d fsx sp ?

Thank you, Carsten

Carsten U

Is it going to be implement the request weather from ASN as it is in the 777, actually for me is the most important feature that I really would like.

Last week, you all got a look at the NGX with some SP1d updates. This week, you get the NGX in P3D.

Today's route was IAD-RDU-DCA to get a couple flights in and test the aircraft on the turn. This picture is on the OJAAY STAR into DCA, and thanks to ASN's newest Beta supporting P3D 2.5, you can even see a little bit of the weather radar in action to the east (and the fact that the wind is absolutely ridiculous at even mid altitudes today).

The main focus of this picture - and the reason I flew the flight with a 12 hour offset - was to show you the shadow play that Carl had written so vividly about when we were testing the 777 in P3D.

So, here ya go:

The winds at the east-side went crazy the last days. I've done a flight from TNCM - KJFK with headwind of 145 - 155kt @FL370. But thanks to the snowstorm you can test the WXR pretty good.  :P

BTW. Nice shot of the P3D-Version. Is the NGX heavy on VAS like the 777?

Philipp Schwaegerl

approximate release time in order of magnitude? 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link