Sign in to follow this  
nelsly

ORBX Library avail for P3D Ver 2.5

The new library for ver 2.5 works like a charm. You have to follow the directions to the letter. This a temp fix to use FTX 30 global scenery. Its on their site. If you really want to be impressed look at the screen shots I put on the FLYTAMPA site under Toronto. IMHO The night lighting is very impressive with Martin's new golden coloring rwy lights which I asked him to do for me. Your opinion may differ but I really like it.

Nelson

I don't understand this posting! What is FTX 30 Global Scenery temporary fix. And what has this to do with FT Toronto?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Harry, everyone is waiting to use FTX global scenery in P3D ver 2.5.  They (ORBX) have released an new library that makes this possible. It is a temporary fix but it works. You can now use it in Ver 2.5. The ref to Toronto was for anyone who wanted to see what FTX Global lights looked like with the Fly Tampa Toronto scenery. Thats all. 30 I believe is the latest ver of FTX Global.

Nelson

I'm still with v2.3 (everything works-actually flying 100% of the time).  Anyone know if the latest libs are supposed to be for P3Dv2.xx or just version 2.5?

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

That is a ver

I'm still with v2.3 (everything works-actually flying 100% of the time).  Anyone know if the latest libs are supposed to be for P3Dv2.xx or just version 2.5?

That is a very good question. I´m using v2.4  and would like to know if I should or not install this library?

At the moment I´m to busy flying and not in the mood for a total reinstall. I´m getting very tired of P3D updates every 3 - 4 month.

I think I've answered my own question.  Actually went to the ORBX page where libs can be downloaded.  They are not restricted to 2.5.  There are two sets--one for v1.4 and the other for 2.XX

It's great that LM keeps updating P3D.  Very glad to see they are doing this.  However, like you, I'm not partial to doing a reinstall every time there's an update.  The last time I did a complete reinstall was for 2.3 and it took more than 16 hours to load everything after wiping my hard drive clean and reinstalling windows 7. My practice for a reinstall is to run P3D after every addon to make sure all's well. I've got all the Orbx P3D products, REX, FSGRW, OPUS, GTN 750/650, TrackIR, VOX and 7 addon on aircraft.  All's working perfectly and I'm enjoying flying instead of 50% flying and 50% fixing computer issues.  I've made up my mind that the next time I'll do a complete reinstall is when LM comes out with a quantum improvement.  I haven't seen that yet  in the 2.XX incremental updates.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

When installing the Orbx library in FSX Steam does it matter in FTX central which should be checked - Global or North America?

thnaks,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________