Sign in to follow this  
Ctatlow

Vista Liners?

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a couple of things.

Firstly, i have downloaded Vista Liners Boeing 737 400 Base Model and added Fabrizio Beretti's 

B737-300 analogue panel fab733an.zip available on flyawaysimulation.com, (which I have used before with other models) the 2d displays fine but there are

no cockpit side and rear views, there are windows but they are blacked out, is there a way to fix this? I

have looked at the panel.cfg and it reads exactly the same as in the other models that it displays correctly in.

Secondly, is it possible to add this Air Malta texture to this model, download file mtb737_4.zip again on flyawaysimulation.com,

even though it doesn't say for vista liners? I tried to add the texture to the model but my efforts were unsucessful.

Lastly I have downloaded and added to FS, LAM airlines Mozambique, file 7372MOZ.zip and the fix 7372fix2.zip,

the cockpit is quite a good one but the main Altimeter is missing. Is there a way I could amend this?

Thanks in advance

Charlotte  

B737-300 analogue panel fab733an.zip available on flyawaysimulation.com, (which I have used before with other models) the 2d displays fine but there are
no cockpit side and rear views, there are windows but they are blacked out, is there a way to fix this?

Make sure the bit maps in the panel folder have the same exact name as they are referenced in the panel configuration file; example,

FORWARD_LEFT     =

[Fixed Window36]
file=FORWARD_LEFT.bmp

If a bit map is incorrectly named / formated or incorrectly referenced or missing you will see black. If there is no reference to a window at all the you see an unobstructed outside view in the direction you look. So the problem is within the file that contains the panel.The view bit maps must be in the panel folder -  I assume they are, since I use the same panel - fab733an.zip and those view bit maps are provided and in place. They are also correctly displayed by the panel configuration file. I would guess you may have made a change that seems innocent but may have caused your problem.

Secondly, is it possible to add this Air Malta texture to this model, download file mtb737_4.zip again on flyawaysimulation.com,
even though it doesn't say for vista liners? I tried to add the texture to the model but my efforts were unsucessful.

Recheck your aircraft configuration file for numbering error(s), make sure the reference in the sim= section reads the same as the paints / liveries that do appear. Even if the textures in that file are for the wrong model you should still see an aircraft in the selection menu although it might be all gray or have a really strange appearance because of differences in texture mapping, meaning painted things being in the wrong place. So if the aircraft isn't showing up at all it is because of the first part of this paragraph.

Lastly I have downloaded and added to FS, LAM airlines Mozambique, file 7372MOZ.zip and the fix 7372fix2.zip,
the cockpit is quite a good one but the main Altimeter is missing. Is there a way I could amend this?

The easiest way would be to open the panel configuration file look through it until you find the gauge that references the altimeter. Here is FAB An panel example;

I realize you are working on a B732 but the process is the same.

gauge04=Fab737_alt, 410, 467, 91

and from the stock 734.

gauge02=737-400!Altimeter, 237, 45

Make a back up of the panel.cfg file - just do a copy and paste right in the panel folder and you will get a file named 'copy of Panel'. So once you find the gauge= reference to the altimeter in the B732 panel configuration;

The FAB altimeter is as good a replacement as any. Leave all of the numbers alone! In this example I want to replace stock B734 altimeter with the FAB version. so I will copy the FAB gauge name 'Fab737_alt' name to the gauge02= and get;

gauge02=Fab737_alt, 237, 45

Once done save it and check your work. Let me / us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

I might also mention that if you are really interested in the B737-200 you might want to do a search in then AVSIM library for 'TinMouse' it is a step up. A good flight model and all the panel variations that were used are available ( older and newer auto pilot ).

Regards,

Thank you so much for your reply, it seems easy enough to follow. I will be following up your advice as soon as I get time to. I'll let you know how it goes on.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Thanks for your help the altimeter is now where it should be in the cockpit and looks great, but I have looked at the panel.cfg for the cockpit views and they match exactly to the bitmaps, so it looks like this isn't the problem. Do you have any more suggestions as to why the windows are blacked out? Thanks again Mel for your help.

Regards Charlotte

Ps. Which folder in the directory (fs2004) would I put .xml files, the download is a complete aircraft.