Sign in to follow this  
Polar

It was a great ride

Those terms you are using, Jon, what do they mean??  :lol:

Yup, no question; although I can remember, back in the day, you know, when it was uphill going in the morning, and even steeper uphill coming back in the afternoon...  :Whistle:

This is my FSX downloads size,I am moving to P3D. I am glad this hobby is progressing.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/B1900Mech/Flight%20Sim%20X/Misc/FSXDownloads.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

That link takes me to the Chinese New Year Sales site.

I am glad this hobby is progressing.

I too have now jumped ship, sorry peoples....(Flytampa YSSY made me do it LOL)

So I Just built myself the following:

i7 4790k 4.0ghz overclocked 4.7ghz
Maximus VII Hero Z97 LGA 1150 motherboard
EVGA Geforce GTX980 ACX 2.0 Superclocked 4GB
G.SKILL TridentX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz
850W 80 plus gold PSU
S850 evo 500GB SSD,(dedicated to FSX)

s840 evo 128gb ssd,+ 2tb HD
Noctua NH-D15 Multi-Socket PWM CPU Cooler

It was a fun ride though with FS9 but it was time to move on :)

Flukey you will forever be famous for your contributions to VOZ (Vista Australis I seem to remember) and for your YSSY which remains the one and only rendition until perhaps FlyTampa releases theirs.  A  very long time at the top mate.

I remember a photograph of a group of enthusiasts nearby YSSY, including Aussieman, when JV came up from Mexico.  First time I saw an image of you.  Must say you've aged well.  :lol:

Don't forget to drop by in future.  You have many friends here you know.

Dunno 'bout you guys, But I still enjoy my 2x versions of my FS9. The second being 'Golden Wings". Especially with Garry & Edward's add-ons from http://ford-tri-motor.net/

FS9 works, & has always worked without  fiddling or faffing around.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Flukey you will forever be famous for your contributions to VOZ (Vista Australis I seem to remember) and for your YSSY which remains the one and only rendition until perhaps FlyTampa releases theirs.  A  very long time at the top mate.

I remember a photograph of a group of enthusiasts nearby YSSY, including Aussieman, when JV came up from Mexico.  First time I saw an image of you.  Must say you've aged well.  :lol:

Don't forget to drop by in future.  You have many friends here you know.

Cheers mate, I truly hope flytampa do YSSY for FS9 but if not mine is always available for downloaded at aussiex :)...

I remember that night BTW and that pic..Think I have it somewhere

I was halfway through my cancer treatment at the time and was a balloon..With the steroids they give you, on top of the fluid build up and a very sexy nutritiousness telling me eat whatever I want during treatment I gained about 30kgs HAHA LOL...(Mcnuggets was all I could stomach LOL)

I'm a mere shadow of that now (and all good health wise)..They were good times back in the day at VOZ....

I'm a mere shadow of that now (and all good health wise)

Great to hear.

I fly GA in Australia and New Zealand with ORBX stuff in P3D, keeping FS9 for tubes and Rest-of-the-World fights.  Suits me and I know you will have an enormous amount of pleasure from your change.  Salute buddy.  :drinks:

Why do they put electrical outlets near the floor ..... whenever lamps and such are on tables above the floor?  Just wonder'n

Bye bye Polar.

Good luck.

After all it's still flight simming ... 

Bipolar Disorder, also known as manic depressive illness, is a serious medical illness that causes shifts in mood, energy, and ability to function.   :lol: 

perhaps next time I find a virgin topic I will award it 5 stars, and see if the pbF1sta again goes for a 1, to deliver a surely uninteresting 4-star result?

It appears that you are obsessed with the "pbF1sta" thingy, and I think I know why.

You have an interest in "weird" science ..... err, I mean math.  Your example above provides a deep insight into your psyche.

You say a 5-star rating and a 1-star rating equals a 4-star result.  Why THERE's your problem!  In the Northern hemisphere, (5 + 1) = 6 .... and 6 / 2 = 3 (average, don't you see?)  You've been expecting the wrong results all along!

If you were to realign your orientation with respect to widely accepted mathematical skills ...... well, who knows where your next obsession might take you! ..... just say'n.

and NO .... I'm NOT the pbF1sta whatever ..... I Am The Walrus .... Coo Coo Ka Choo!

In the Northern hemisphere, (5 + 1) = 6 .... and 6 / 2 = 3 (average, don't you see?)  You've been expecting the wrong results all along!

Think it through... most FS9 topics are excellent (of course), and so folk in response to the pbF1sta singleton, vote multiple 5 stars.

You need 7 "5" votes to bring the aggregate back to 5.

On this forum, there are not 7 people who could be bothered with such trivia: a 4 is the best you will ever see.

The psychology of the pbF1sta is interesting, if pathological.

Might make an interesting study for a postgrad studying antisocial behaviour...

Its ok, Wingz. Those other fsx and p3d'ers just jealous we actually fly and don't spend time discussing ctd's, Oom's, vas, water cooling, overclocking, stutters, DX fixers, fps, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

:D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: