Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

P3D 2.5 Freeze On Task Switch

Dear P3D users,

I have an issue that I don't know how to solve with P3D 2.5.

Whenever I switch tasks, for example PFPX, then switch back, P3D freezes for about 15 seconds.

I was in full screen mode (ALT+ENTER) and was flying the PMDG 777-300ER

I have already tried placing the correct UIAutomationcore.dll into the P3D directory. Is there anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

I didn't think UIAutimationcore.dll served any purpose in P3D v2?

Ian S

38.jpg

I didn't think UIAutimationcore.dll served any purpose in P3D v2?

I didn't think so either but I put it in anyway because it was recommended in the PMDG 777 intro manual

This is a known bug in FSX and I'm positive in P3D too.  You should use the Alt-Enter to go from full screen to windowed mode and then, in your task bar click on your product you want to open.  Do not use the Alt-Tab.

Remove the uiautomationcore.dll from your main P3D folder.  It does not belong there and is only causing incompatibility problems with P3D.  See AVSIM CTD Guide for further information.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim thanks for your response I have removed the UIAutomationcore.dll file and I will try your method of switching tasks when I do a flight this afternoon, I will post the results back here

Did you turn off the "pause on task switch" checkbox in program options?

If this isn't it it might be the same problem I had with P3D before where the whole program would lockup, Robert from PMDG was also having a similar issue if it's not the checkbox I may be able to help you 

Did you turn off the "pause on task switch" checkbox in program options?

If this isn't it it might be the same problem I had with P3D before where the whole program would lockup, Robert from PMDG was also having a similar issue if it's not the checkbox I may be able to help you 

Thanks for the response I have checked and can confirm that the pause on task switch is turned off.

The behaviour I am seeing is identical to the problem Robert from PMDG was having.

Thanks in advance

I have already tried placing the correct UIAutomationcore.dll into the P3D directory.

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that P3d V2 has never needed anything but the default version of UIAutomationcore.dll  that comes with either Windows 7 or Windows 8. That dll is in the Windows system folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64. Putting a foreign version of the dll in the P3d folder could cause problems. However, it sounds like whatever is wrong with your setup could be related to a variety of other issues.

Thanks for the response I have checked and can confirm that the pause on task switch is turned off.

The behaviour I am seeing is identical to the problem Robert from PMDG was having.

Thanks in advance

Ok in my case it was a misbehaving driver, specifically a keyboard driver of all things. If you watched that thread I recommend a program called "Whatishang"

This nifty tool will detect a "hung" process and point you in the direction of where to start looking to solve your issue. You simply run it and whenever a program hangs it will show specifically what it is. 

It took me months to solve the issue because because I was so focused on P3D itself and it didn't happen in other programs, but in the end it wasn't even P3D at all.

If you need help sorting it you  could come into our teamspeak or I could help you on teamviewer just shoot me a PM

specifically a keyboard driver of all things.

That's interesting do you have a Corsair keyboard? Because I have a K70 RGB and when P3D starts freezing the LEDs on my keyboard which are usually programmed to move stop moving and the Corsair Utility Engine says my keyboard has malfunctioned, however when P3D is not running it is perfect.

I will go through your post in greater detail when I get home in about an hour.

Thanks for your help

Ok in my case it was a misbehaving driver, specifically a keyboard driver of all things. If you watched that thread I recommend a program called "Whatishang"

I have got a report from Whatishang at this link http://pastebin.com/LYHz1Sg9

Do you know anything about what is being shown in the report or someone who might know?

Thanks in advance

That's interesting do you have a Corsair keyboard? Because I have a K70 RGB and when P3D starts freezing the LEDs on my keyboard which are usually programmed to move stop moving and the Corsair Utility Engine says my keyboard has malfunctioned, however when P3D is not running it is perfect.

I will go through your post in greater detail when I get home in about an hour.

Thanks for your help

Yep it's the corsair keyboard software.....I have the same RGB keyboard and had to update the BIOS on the keyboard, I removed the corsair software after I setup the lighting the way I wanted. Once you dump that software no more P3D freeze guaranteed....

How and why is beyond me except that is what the whatishang led me to. Funny thing is the only program affected by this sofar is P3D

I believe it was the 

1. USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B13&REV_0115&MI_01 
that keyed me into it I checked on a site that had the Vendor ID's for USB hardware (VID) and it was corsair

Yep it's the corsair keyboard software.....I have the same RGB keyboard and had to update the BIOS on the keyboard, I removed the corsair software after I setup the lighting the way I wanted. Once you dump that software no more P3D freeze guaranteed....

Wow that's interesting I will definitely try that thanks for your help!