Sign in to follow this  
westlife

linda - buttons not working

hi there

i have downloaded linda and installed it. i have assign some buttons for the feelthere airbus

for the efis as i go to the efis control and want to use the buttons nothing happens

on the efis. i use a bbi-32 button box as it work in fsuipc macro  but want to use Linda now  

Hi Westlife

Welcome to LINDA. Can you please tell me which version you have installed (2.5.7 or 2.6.0 beta)?  Which Aircraft Module are you using with FeelThere Airbus? Is the BBi-32 interface appearing on the Joysticks page?

Also what flight sim and Windows are you using?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

hi

i have v1.1.3 installed. i have created a new module for the feelthere pic a319IAE and copy templete from airbus x. all my joystick shown correct up in the joystick /hid devices. i have setup the efis button ex ILs /rose vor / nav/ Arc /plan in the joystick section. if i use the button it shows in the joystick list from button 32-28. but when i go to fsx and use the rotory switch to select the different mode it do change anything on the nd display. your help is much appreciated.

Hi Westlife

I am sorry but I am having difficulty understanding your post and question. I understand that your are using the FeelThere A319IAE aircraft with LINDA 1.13.  When you say you have copied the Airbus X template, I assume you are talking about the code module (actions.lua).  If so, the problem will be is that the Airbus X module code is written to work with the Aerosoft Airbus aircraft and the interface (Lvars) exclusive to Aerosoft.  I would not expect the Aerosoft functions (for ILS, Nav, etc) to work with your Feelthere version.  You will need a actions.lua written explicitly for your aircraft.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi there

i have downloaded the WilcoAirbusVol1_v1.1.zip module for linda as to see if it work 

i just use the default airbus with  the default script to see if it will work.

i have done the efis for the fsx default in linda. i setup the efis as switch 29 --on press- EFIS MODE ARC, on switch 30 EFIS MODE NAV , on switch 31 EFIS MODE vor and so on.but nothing on repeat or on release and then i save it . then when i go to the default airbus and go to the efis panel and use the switch then nothing happens on the ND display. .is there any other thing to do to get this working so that i can configure the other aircraft as well.

your help is very much appreciated.

Hi Westlife

LINDA is designed so that you need a module that has been specifically designed and written for the aircraft you are using. Apart from default functions on default aircraft (using module FSX Default) that the functions you are trying to use with the Airbus EFIS will work.

My best advice is to get yourself one of the supported Airbus simulations and start from there. I would strongly recommend the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 release with the Aerosoft Airbus module 4.3. This is the best Airbus available at this time.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi Scotflieger,

thanks for your help and info. as i said before i start linda and select fsx default. then i go to the joystick settings and start to setup the switches as per manual.i have 3 bu0836 boards that i use. i have use fsuipc mouse macro and the efis work fine but seems that linda got more functions i want to use linda.

as i said in my previously message i setup all the functions for the efis panel for the fsx default airbus.

i have built a home build sim with the autopilot and efis control.so after i setup the buttons for the ex:efis i save the page and minimize linda. then go to the ex: efis panel and use the buttons on the efis but nothing happens on the ND display as it should with fsuipc macro it work very well. is their anything else i have to activate on linda to get the buttons to work. as i can see after i save the setup buttons it should work.  but it does not.

your help is much appreciated.

Hi Westlife

I am trying hard to understand you English so please bear with me.

Have you been able to get the Macro working when LINDA is not minimised? Have you placed the 'M:' in front of the macro name?  Try simply putting LINDA in the background and don't minimise it.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi there

more than this i cant explain is there anybody else that use linda that can help me on this or how 

to use linda. i have try all the ways and according to the manual. if i cant get it working i have to 

go back to the fsuipc macro files. at least they are working.

any help from anybody will be much much appreciated.

regards