It's hard to say. Are you buying the system from Dell, and how much are you paying? What's your budget?

sig01.png

Umm... that system will perform just fine if you don't want to build a custom PC. I have an i5 3570 (non-K), 750ti, and 6 gigs of RAM and I can maintain 18 fps at FSDT KJFK in the NGX with 40% WOAI traffic on DX10. I'd get more without AI. I think that i7 4790 would perform way better than my i5. But, you should upgrade the GPU in the future. I think you could manage for now. I have a GT630 for a backup graphics card, and it ran the NGX alright.

And guys... that's a desktop, not a laptop.

Thanks for the input TheNerd. The pc will be coming in about five more days, so I guess we will see then. I should have mentioned it earlier, but yes, it is a desktop. What do you think about GPU affecting fps in FSX? 

yes, i am in the U.S

639 bucks is a pretty good deal. It would be hard to get a similar PC for that price. With that $120 you should get a GTX750 or 750ti. It's a pretty decent card for a low price.

I get about 18 fps at FSDT KJFK with REX + OD 1024 and FTX Global in DX10. Not bad if you ask me.