Sign in to follow this  
lencarne

autoland

Can anyone explain why on flying the PMDG 737 NGX tutorial 1,  I cant get the speed below 205 knots on Autoland. Everything else is as per the book -Land 3, geardown Vref30 +5 in the MCP speed window. Glideslope spot on but no flare - we just hover 10 feet or so over the runway. TIA

Everything else is as per the book -Land 3, geardown Vref30 +5 in the MCP speed window.

If everything was per the book you wouldn't be having issues.

Might be an odd question, but did you put the flaps down?

TIA

Welcome to the forum. Full names are required here. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

that would have helped I thought too. I was waiting to get nearer the flap 1 marker. In the end out of desparation I did add flap 1 and 5 even but no effect. I also made sure my throttle lever wasnt interfeering. Did the tutorial twice still the same prob. TIA, Len Carne

that would have helped I thought too. I was waiting to get nearer the flap 1 marker. In the end out of desparation I did add flap 1 and 5 even but no effect.

For landing, you need to be down at around Flap 30. Sounds like you weren't following the tutorial closely enough.

Kyle Rodgers

I thought you could only add flaps as the speed came down to avoid ripping the wings off. The plane held 206 knots. I am not cussing the tutorial - i think its brilliant. Just need some help to understand

Len Carne

I thought you could only add flaps as the speed came down to avoid ripping the wings off.

Those are the flap maneuvering speeds. That's why they're green. If anything caused danger, it would be yellow or red. The max speeds (listed as FLAP LIMIT) are below the gear handle.

While you probably can't read it here, this picture should help you find it in the sim:

2012-2-16_18-13-49-938.jpg

I am not cussing the tutorial - i think its brilliant. Just need some help to understand

Understandable. At the same time, I do believe the tutorial outlines specifically when you extend the flaps. We wouldn't tell you to do something that the real crew wouldn't do in this situation.

Kyle Rodgers