Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

L-1011 Tristar Startup manual

Hello L-ten eleven pilots!

I have read somewhere that there is no checklist for the startup inside the airplane manuals, is that correct?

I have asked a time ago what do you guys think about this plane and I think of now (really) buying it.

But I looked at the manuals which are available at captain sim without buying the plane, and I could really not find any procedural checklist for it. Do they really sell a plane without a word how to start or handle it?

Thank you and regards,

Klaus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One of my main complaints about Captain Sim.  There really is no excuse for not including a step-by-step how to guide for airliners this complex.

I bought both the 777 and L-1011 during the Xmas sale and they sit unflown on my drive.

Guys, search the file library for a newly uploaded, excellent tutorial made by Tom Beckett in BAVirtual.

It'll get you in the air, it's a great aircraft by the way.

Cheers,

Guys, search the file library for a newly uploaded, excellent tutorial made by Tom Beckett in BAVirtual.

Second the tutorial mentioned above. It's well done and has a lot of useful information, including a couple tweaks to the flight model to make it more responsive and jet-like.

This video also shows an abbreviated start-up process.

I bought this L-1011 in CS's firesale 24 hour 9.99 deal, and I have had nothing but great fun in it in FSX-SE before completely abandoning FSX both varieties. I got all the relevant start-up tutorial from their Support Forum and the manuals are there to be downloaded from your CS account.

When they make an installer for Prepar3D, I will fly her again.

I echo mosteen's views of her being a joy to fly.

Thank you all for your opinions! But I will think about buying it again.

I think there are some other, well documented and more to detail planes out there for that amount of money... Or at least not so much more money.

For example, if I buy the l-1011 it will cost 30€, maybe plus the freighter expansion for 10€, thats 40€ - but plus a load of work to find out how it works, where to get charts for fuel.....

If I pay just 10€ more, I get the dash8 from majestic, with all infos I need and a feeling of "I know what I get".

This should NOT be an CS bashing or whatever but I think they are a little bit too expensive and give me the feeling of "ha, we just sell it, it is not my problem what they do with it".

Wait for their Euros 9.99 sale each for both items.

And I found the assistance I got in their forums very helpful.

Wait for their Euros 9.99 sale each for both items.

And I found the assistance I got in their forums very helpful.

Yes, this is the plan! :-)

There are several tutorials on YouTube.  Below is one of them.

How is the complexity? Worth 30 bucks?

Yes, I consider this L1011 to be one of Captain Sim's shinning moments.  Well worth the money.

I believe Captain Sim really shines on the older aircraft, like this L1011 and the Boeing 727 and 707.

Thanks Robert. I bought it and am very pleased with it. You're right about CS and the older planes. They need to do some more. The 727 is one of my favorites as well.

Sign in to follow this