Sign in to follow this  
max2770

I am SO glad I saw the light!

This is amazing.  First flight, from FSDT YVR to FlyTampa YYZ in the PMDG 77W in P3D 2.5.  It is absolutely perfect.  FPS doesn't matter because it's smooth as glass, VAS is almost a non-issue when properly configured...  but the visuals!!

It is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The shadows in the VC, the cloud and terrain shadows, the HDR lighting, this is the experience I've been waiting for all my life.  Simply amazing.

I never had such a smooth flight, the new ASN wind effects are so close to reality, I still can't believe it.  I'm uninstalling FSX, no reason to ever go back to it.

sig01.png

And we didn't even have to drink the Kool-Aid.  :P

I jumped in a v2.1......rarely if ever use FSX.

FaxCap

Welcome aboard Max.

Sometimes I just plonk at side of the runway and watch the weather roll by...beautiful! 

I hope to be there sometime tonight! Gonna make the switch over!

Kevin Humphryes

Now you'll have to listen to all those nay sayers who say that there is no reason to switch because THEIR FSX is just as good.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I skipped about three months... but just loaded up everything with the new 2.5  Whatever it is, 2.5, new version of ASN and the new Nvidia driver has things playing noticebly nicer before.  Everything just looks great, and is smoother than before.  

Yep, ever since my first flight on flight simulator back in the dark ages I yearned for lifelike clouds and weather. I'm not a pilot but have hitched a ride and flown round the world at least twice now and flown a few light aircraft. Maybe my memory is recalling things in a golden glow but for me, this current simulator with a few choice additions can recreate the world as I remember it from an aircraft window without some graphical anomaly removing the immersion. I'm sure it can be made even better but for now, I'm content.

Welcome Max

This is amazing.

I'm glad that you saw the light. I hope that others will look into it.

This is amazing.  First flight, from FSDT YVR to FlyTampa YYZ in the PMDG 77W in P3D 2.5.  It is absolutely perfect.  FPS doesn't matter because it's smooth as glass, VAS is almost a non-issue when properly configured...  but the visuals!!

It is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The shadows in the VC, the cloud and terrain shadows, the HDR lighting, this is the experience I've been waiting for all my life.  Simply amazing.

I never had such a smooth flight, the new ASN wind effects are so close to reality, I still can't believe it.  I'm uninstalling FSX, no reason to ever go back to it.

Whoopee!  Since I switched to Prepar3D 2 weeks ago, using the same aircraft, same airports, and reading bleating posts about people not getting a 100fps(figure-of-speech) and then moaning that it was all PMDG777's fault, or Prepar3D's fault despite it being a v2.5, I have been hoping that someone would come along and report something positive about the PMDG777+P3D combo.

Just installed a trial version ASN today fully expecting that my flight from FSDT's KORD to St Maarten would take a hit, instead it was a absolutely smooth experience. I for one will never go back to FSX.

Now you'll have to listen to all those nay sayers who say that there is no reason to switch because THEIR FSX is just as good.

Vic

Well said++++1

One thing that struck me in doing a clean install of P3d 2.5. With the default settings at 1440p, with all of the default aircraft, I managed 70 to 90 fps, similar to my recent clean install of FSX-SE. Even using Rob's recommended settings in P3d 2.5 , I was still getting between 40 and 60 fps.

But adding in  a complex aircraft, the TrackIR, ORBX suite, ASN, REX Clouds, GSX, My Traffic and a few other addons, that brings me down into the 20 to 30 fps range. But that's my choice.  It's still smooth at those frame rates, so I'm satisfied with that. If I want better results, I can always buy new hardware, which is really the only valid solution to performance issues.

I'm uninstalling FSX, no reason to ever go back to it

What took you so long?

Could you please share, via PM, or on here if you'd like, how you set up your P3D? I'm currently going through the install, and so far, the issues I've noted are that AA will be difficult to configure, and that P3D has a tendency to OOM. Could you share your settings too, so I can have a baseline from which to start from? (With regard to avoiding an OOM. Don't want to crank it up only to be disappointed..)

Aamir Thacker

Pics, or it didn't happen :rolleyes:

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards