Sign in to follow this  
max2770

I am SO glad I saw the light!

I get black ground textures in FSDT CYVR with 2.5

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Hehe, still using 2.2 and it's fabulous w/ the PMDG T7.  Bring on the 3rd party installers and I'll jump up as well, but don't need to so no rush ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

PMDG 777.

Yee of little faith.   ^_^

I get black ground textures in FSDT CYVR with 2.5

Nothing wrong with your equipment.  Have you tried reducing your settings/sliders just a little? After all Vancouver/Seattle, Toronto,  New York, Sydney are all well known killers of frames and graphics.

that P3D has a tendency to OOM

Eh.......??

Eh.......??

All the reports I see are people using ORBX Global, but mainly Vector.  It seems to be a well known VAS murderer.

sig01.png

All the reports I see are people using ORBX Global, but mainly Vector.  It seems to be a well known VAS murderer.

Yes, but I thought ORBX have not yet released any patches for their stuff, such as Global and Vector, so wouldn't that be a contributing factor?

Jim, have you tried re-downloading the FSDT CVYR and then re-installing for P3D? I had to do that for all my FSDT airports.

One thing that struck me in doing a clean install of P3d 2.5. With the default settings at 1440p, with all of the default aircraft, I managed 70 to 90 fps, similar to my recent clean install of FSX-SE. Even using Rob's recommended settings in P3d 2.5 , I was still getting between 40 and 60 fps.

But adding in  a complex aircraft, the TrackIR, ORBX suite, ASN, REX Clouds, GSX, My Traffic and a few other addons, that brings me down into the 20 to 30 fps range. But that's my choice.  It's still smooth at those frame rates, so I'm satisfied with that. If I want better results, I can always buy new hardware, which is really the only valid solution to performance issues.

"I can always buy new hardware"

Can you give me some examples?....I really considering a 6 core CPU ( I have I7 4790) etc etc...but not too sure.....

Pedro

Yes, using Vector in conjunction with the 777 may cause problems if sliders are not properly adjusted.  I have been doing some testing with, the 777, FTX Global, Vector and ASN now that they can be installed in v2.5.  My test flight has been KMIA to KLAX.  Some useful pointers for 777 users with these products:

-Create a Vector profile for the 777 and uncheck all of the roadway options.  You shouldn't notice this much in the 777 (at least I don't).

-Do not use enhanced overcast or force broken coverage in ASN.  I also use max cloud draw distance of 75 miles and max visibility of 75 miles with 4 cloud layers.

-Leave your P3D scenery sliders (the settings that affect VAS) at their default locations.  Dial back your building autogen to zero or one tick from left.

This leaves me with an average of 500 MB of free VAS upon landing at default KLAX from default KMIA.  You'll probably have to dial back more if you're using payware airports in conjunction with the above products but this should give people a good starting point and an idea of my specific VAS usage with these products in v2.5.  This also gives me a smooth 30 FPS in the virtual cockpit with 4x SGSSAA applied via NI.

Of course for GA flying in an A2A 182 or RealAir product I max everything out with no VAS problems whatsoever, not even close.  And it's very easy to change graphic profiles on the P3D start screen before a flight.

Ryan

Yes, but I thought ORBX have not yet released any patches for their stuff, such as Global and Vector, so wouldn't that be a contributing factor?

They released a new set of libraries earlier this week which remediate the issues with ObjectFlow as well as the FTX Central issues related to the changed directory paths. (*They also now support FSX:SE, for what its worth)

-Greg

Peter,

Upgrading from your i7 4790k/Nvidia GTX780/16GB RAM powered system would be pointless. You are not far off the top as it is!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Greg

Thanks for that clarification. I do not have Global or Vector but I have a lot of their Australian, UK and PNW stuff. Can I now install these in P3D v2.5 without any conflicts?

This is amazing.  First flight, from FSDT YVR to FlyTampa YYZ in the PMDG 77W in P3D 2.5.  It is absolutely perfect.  FPS doesn't matter because it's smooth as glass, VAS is almost a non-issue when properly configured...  but the visuals!!

It is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The shadows in the VC, the cloud and terrain shadows, the HDR lighting, this is the experience I've been waiting for all my life.  Simply amazing.

I never had such a smooth flight, the new ASN wind effects are so close to reality, I still can't believe it.  I'm uninstalling FSX, no reason to ever go back to it.

+1

Regards

Lamar Wright

+1

+2... ;o)

Oh, I forgot again:  I'm using 2.2, and it's still excellent!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hi,

Welcome to the DARK SHADOW SIDE... :lol:

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck