Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Really bad antialising in p3d 2.5v

Don't think Ni works in P3D,at least not for me.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Rob's is best but it will cost you a good about of fps with clouds, Look like your running Robs not Matts?, Matts is just 8x SGM

robsp3dni.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think that the shimmering of buildings facades can not be solved, but I also think that it depends by nvidia drivers.

I'd like to know what are those recommended by LM for the GTX 980.

i am using Nvidia Inspector with Matt Davis's (belynz hd) tweak and 4XMSAA in p3d with 16X antristropic filtering, the antialising is really bad for example the taxi, runway lines, trees and distant textures look horrible, infact worse than fsx. Does anyone have any good nvida inspector settings? Preferably antialising overridden instead of enhanced.

Thanks

Choosing override or enhance makes no difference with P3D.

Set MSAA in the sim to your preferred setting, say 4x. With the NVidia CP, select the P3D profile and make sure to do a Restore, Apply, to refresh the profile.

Before running NI, make a change in the CP for that profile, say let's set aniso mode to 16x, and Apply - now we have a new profile.

Go into NI and load the profile. For AA choose from the "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" settings to reflect our setting in P3D.

So if we choose 4xMSAA in P3D, we also choose 4xSSAA in NI.

Some aircraft still look badly aliased with SSAA, it's to do with internal scaling of the sub images, so we use SGSSAA instead of SSAA, you see those settings further down the list in transparency supersampling. Leave "Antialiasing - Mode", and "Antialiasing - Setting" at defaults, they are for DX9.

Set up the Aniso mode and turn on filter optimisations.

Use High quality and clamp in Texture filtering.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yes, worth a try, there's only a few things you can do in P3D, so won't take much time experimenting. All the best.

So, what happens if (for example) you set MSAA to 4x in P3D, and SGSS to 2x in Nvidia Inspector?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes follow the basic rules I posted above and you'll be fine.

Thanks for your input Steve.

I take it that in addition to the in game settings and Nvidia Inspector settings there is also the additional Nvidia Control Panel profile for P3D that needs to be refreshed. Is this correct? I am asking because I have never before touched the Nvidia Control Panel and wasn't aware there were any profiles.

For some reason there is no (clamp) value under negative LOD bias. It only has LODBIAS OFF or ON, btw i updated my nvidia inspector and the names of the values have changed

Things can change slightly depending on the version of driver, CP, NI, and P3D.

Thanks for your input Steve.

I take it that in addition to the in game settings and Nvidia Inspector settings there is also the additional Nvidia Control Panel profile for P3D that needs to be refreshed. Is this correct? I am asking because I have never before touched the Nvidia Control Panel and wasn't aware there were any profiles.

Yes, right-click on the desktop, should be in the popup menu.

So, what happens if (for example) you set MSAA to 4x in P3D, and SGSS to 2x in Nvidia Inspector?

Result is the in sim setting of 4xMSAA Chris.

I would just choose 4xSGSSAA (or 8) in NI and 4xMSAA in the sim, or settable in the cfg:

[Display]

TEXTURE_FILTERING=16

MSAA=4

SSAA=0