Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

10.35b2 is out

Note: 10.35b2 just came out. It is a small package. No info at Developer Blog yet.

Jim Morgan

Wow, maybe we got seasons, ATC and AI and weather injection. Sometimes developers surprise you  :excl:

Wow, maybe we got seasons, ATC and AI and weather injection. Sometimes developers surprise you  :excl:

its already known what 10.35 is, b2 is just the second beta with bugs found in the b1. 10.4 will have changes to atc and visibility. atleast according to developer.xplane.com

its already known what 10.35 is, b2 is just the second beta with bugs found in the b1. 10.4 will have changes to atc and visibility. atleast according to developer.xplane.com

Thanks

Bob

10.4 will have changes to atc and visibility. atleast according to developer.xplane.com

If this comes to fruition I will be a very happy bunny indeed. ^_^

If we then suppose that improved weather/cloud layers/datarefs appear in 10.50, P3D will almost certainly quickly gather dust on my hard drive thenceforth.

If this comes to fruition I will be a very happy bunny indeed. ^_^

If we then suppose that improved weather/cloud layers/datarefs appear in 10.50, P3D will almost certainly quickly gather dust on my hard drive thenceforth.

One can always hope.  ^_^  

However, I suspect that we won't see a significant improvement in weather until the next major version change with v11.  :(

They need to scrap the simplistic 3-layer weather model and start from scratch, with a weather model that can handle single vertical systems. Otherwise we'll never have realistic thunderstorms to avoid (or get tossed around in). Either that, or figure out how to hack together a vertical thunderstorm cell by stacking discrete units within the 3-layer design. But a complete redesign would be better, so winds could exist at any arbitrary level, there could be cross-wind flows, updrafts and downdrafts that aren't locked into a layer, and so on. Along with those big honkin' CB's that reach up to the stratosphere.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all this to show up in v11 in a year or two. Right now, I'd take better weather modeling over just about any other potential new feature in X-Plane, including seasonal terrain or ATC. It's fundamental to modeling the flying environment, and it would be something that might attract a few more tubeliner pilots from FSX and P3D over to this side of the fence. CB avoidance is just as important to airlines as it is to GA pilots.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I'd be surprised if XP11 is here within the next two years.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yes please, let XP10 last at least 3 years more. Many add-ons to update or tweak, hardware hassles, etc.

Alexander Colka

I hope they are working on v11 personally.

Those of us that are real world pilots are getting pretty tapped out on the atrocious weather modeling in XPX.

It's an extremely poor simulation of real world flying weather right now, and nailing that would immensely help with the simulation and practice angle to using XPlane.

If they can fix that in the v10 run, awesome - but I feel like it's been commented on that it's such a fundamental thing to redo that it warrants a whole new version run at that time.

Another change to Beta 2 was the addition of two updated Aerosoft airports that I had no small part in  B)  - in cooperation with Laminar and Aerosoft.

Give EDDF Frankfurt Intl and EDDM Muenchen Intl a try if you have the Aerosoft airports installed and tell me what you think!

If you don´t, then you should still see my default "Lego Brick" EDDF - and EDDM will later follow (its already uploaded at the gateway).

Jan

Another change to Beta 2 was the addition of two updated Aerosoft airports that I had no small part in  B)  - in cooperation with Laminar and Aerosoft.

Give EDDF Frankfurt Intl and EDDM Muenchen Intl a try if you have the Aerosoft airports installed and tell me what you think!

If you don´t, then you should still see my default "Lego Brick" EDDF - and EDDM will later follow (its already uploaded at the gateway).

Jan

I did - and in my humble opinion EDDF is now X-Planes best default airport by a mile

Bell%20407_121.jpg

For some more (very large) images go here.