Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

MAG difference on ILS app

Vernon

Did a test flight with the NGX at payware LPPT airport (Aerosoft), ILS rwy03 and the MCP shows 026, same as FMC. I have AIRAC 1501 with  magvar.bgl  of 2010 from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Then, same here, what else can I say? It makes no sense why your MCP shows 025.

Johann van Rhyn

Easy, please don't worry about those minor deviations in mag headings/bearings/courses.  One degree, that is always explainable but not worth the time and effort to figure out.  I am using the 2015 bgl with no problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was using the 2010 bgl for two years. Then in 2012 I made some hardware changes and reinstalled FSX but never reinstalled 2010 nor have I installed 2015 bgl so I am flying in 2005-2006 FSX data. The NGX can handle it.

Do you still find differences in courses during ILS app?

Yes. With the 2010 installed at KTPA on ILS 01 I would set the course knob to 007 and when the localizer was captured the course would change to 006. Right now with 2010 or 2015 not installed most of the ILS approaches result in a course change when the localizer is captured.

I've currently got 2015 installed so going to check a few airports for the change!

Vernon Howells