Sign in to follow this  
barrel_owl

FSX Steam Edition creates "FSX-SE" folders instead of "FSX"

Really?

There is also a possibility the FSX-SE install can be changed with the Co-Existence flag in the "HKEY_USERS\...\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition registry key. Set to 1 = co exists with FSX. Set to 0 means standard single FSX install like boxed ed. The folder names could be changed and the Co-Existence flag set accordingly before running FSX-SE, but I've not tried it.

Where is co-existance value, I only see Default without any value in space. Also, there are Simconnect V4 and V6 in that folder

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

Co-Existence REG_DWORD=0x00000001

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just to add my experience... The presence of an old FSX folder in the Images User folder, maked FSX-SE install as FSX-SE. :( 

Cheers :)

N.-

Why do I have not database in my 737 PMDG fmc on my fsx se

Hi, piazzafr,

Do you see the Navdata and SidStar folders in the Steam FSX/PMDG?  Do they have files in them?

Also, did you install the latest version of the NGX? What version is showing in the Operations Center?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

hi

thanks so much Mike

I found the problem when you install pmdg 737 ngx on steam you have to read the notice to steam :you have to use simconnect the explanetion is on the folder installation pmdg

francesco

Now for the Monkey wrench; I have the opposite problem.   I had a C: hard drive crash and installed a new one.  I had installed FSX Acceleration on the D: drive which was OK.  I then reinstalled Windows 7 Pro 64 on my C:/.  I installed my C:/ backup from the external Seagate USB Backup drive using their software. To create the registry I had to reinstall FSX and Acceleration first then I reinstalled FSX Steam.  Now I have the opposite problem with Steam not sensing FSX Boxed installed and changing the names to FSX_SE.  Now it is using the same folders as the boxed version and has over written and mixed up all of the configuration files like the fsx.cfg, scenery folder, pictures folder, and many more.  I have uninstalled FSX-SE twice but nothing changes on the next install.  If there is a file that steam searches for when having a parallel copy of FSX installed then it is not finding it on my machine.  This whole thing has created quite a mess.  fisheye

Hi Pete,

I only see three possible explanations:

1) you failed to completely remove each and every entry from the registry. Make sure all these entries are "clean":

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

HKEY_USERS\.....\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator

HKEY_USERS\.....\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight simulator\10.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX

HKEY_USERS\....\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Flight simulator\10.0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Flight simulator\10.0

2) You left the "Co-Existence" value under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

on "1". Make sure it is set to "0".

3) You still have some old addon pointing to a ghost simulator folder.

I even wrote a guide (in Italian, sorry) on another forum about how to install FSX Steam on the same disk without formatting. It worked for everyone, it must work for you too.

Let me know.

Zombie thread I know, but is there a link to this guide, hopefuly google can translate to English

Hallo

I have the precise opposite problem. I have installed FSX:SE first. Then I struggled a lot to get my FS Inn working and also Air Hauler. I uninstalled FSX:SE.

Then I installed FSX boxed version. Do all the nice things like activating the many addon scenery, etc. FS Inn working fine.

But as I want to fly with some friens who only owns the SE version, I install ( download) FSX:SE again. To my surprise there were NO FSX:SE files created as it should when the box version is already present. So now the two installations share everything like the cfg's and doc folder. OK I uninstall FSX:SE again and install (download) again without any change.

How do I tell FSX:SE that FSX boxed version is already present and to create the FSX:SE files and folders.

Do I really have to uninstall my boxed version and SE and start all over again. It is not really a big thing, but the download takes about 8hrs in my country.

I am running Win 8.1 PRO 64 bit

Thanks for the help/answers in advance

Martin

Ok, I am happy to report that after I have removed every entry that FSX:SE made in the registry, I was able to install it again and then there was the FSX and FSX:SE folders. Thanks for the help.

Hello .I am new to the site , and I need some help please , how can I install my pdmg into steam edition .thank you in advance

Hello .I am new to the site , and I need some help please , how can I install my pdmg into steam edition .thank you in advance

Hi, Belkamine,

You need to say which aircraft.  If it's the 737 NGX or the 777, the installers are designed to install into the Steam version as well as the box version of FSX. Just make sure you have downloaded the latest version from PMDG. 

If it is an older aircraf, it may be made to work.

You might want to search the PMDG forums for an answer, and if you don't find one, start a new thread there.

http://www.avsim.com/forum/136-the-pmdg-support-forum/

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I built a dual processor computer with the ASUS L1N64-SLI WS motherboard some years back with NVidia 6800 GTX. With FSX9 it was a killer machine, it was also so loud, my little son said the machine made more noise than the Airplane on the screen. No Corsair or Cooler Master  radiators around then. Retired it. Built a few smaller machines that ran FS9 fine, but not at 100 FPS outside and 55-60 inside VC or not.

Then FSX came along and I really like many things about it, as far as advancing the sliders to much was another matter. Low FPS with an AMD 965 and a good video card and high end mobo etc.

Then I retired but ended up working harder than before, nuts I know. I built a new machine with an ASUS Sabertooth rev.1 8 GB mem., and put a AMD 8350 on it with a big corsair radiator and an AMD R390 4 GB video card. It ran FSX a bit better, you could complete a flight or two. I then  noticed on you tube that FSX-SE seemed to manage memory better? Than Windows 10??? MS decided to give folks a hard time with updates for 7 pro., they placed a Win 10 upgrade Icon on my machine, I ignored it, that's the manly thing to do with MS!  I Dloaded a Win 10 ISO and burned it ti an executable and put it on a new Sandisk Extreme Pro. 490 GB SSD. I was surprised how well it went. I had the Boxed FSX Pro. installed it. The machine booted FAST!   I bought SFX-Steam and loaded it, ended up with it loading in Program Files(x86), it coexisted. The Sim in general seemed much better. I figured I would try deleting the registry key's for FSX and Steam.

Reinstalled FSX Steam alone with my PMDG aircraft on Win 10. I could not believe how well this thing works, 30-35 FPS at JFK and LAX. When cruising at altitude I see in the upper left hand corner of my screen in white TXT how many FPS's I'm getting and that's with ASN and Steam version of Soft Clouds. No shift  Z needed!

The short of it is FSX Steam runs much better than the boxed edition of FSX, no one is more surprised than me. MS recently upgraded Win 10 to the latest build which is fantastic. I think I'm beginning to like MS again! 

I Ran no virus apps. Shut off windows defender. Set user to it's lowest setting while upgrading the software. I let it install in  C:\  ...Program File (x86), the folders are automaticly called FSX, "NOT FSX-SE." After I was done I set the exclusions in Windows defender and went flying, never looked back. FSX is now running with the sliders almost all maxed out, hard to believe I know!

My daughter shut the breaker off to my setup by mistake. The PSU was beeping, I said oh hell. I reset the PSU  and turned the machine on and it came up exactly where I was when the power went down, what??? I could not believe my eyes. 

Good flying!     

I forgot to add. After deleting HKey- Local Machine-Software, all the steam stuff and the MS FSX and game stuff and reinstalled FSX Steam by itself I was suprised to find all folders were named FSX. Like ion C:\FSK. In Program file (x86) Steasm- Steamapps- common- FSX. I have NO FSX-SE folders.